*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831715-Good-Grief
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#831715 added October 20, 2014 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
Good Grief
Well I am the vessel of trying to figure what good grief means. I am reminded of Charlie Brown. If Charlie Brown can say good grief so can I, but it may take time to learn to say it and mean it. I talked with two of my sisters today and they are out of sorts. One says she is headed toward divorce and wonders if anyone cares. She talks about an older sister doing everything possible to ruin her life. I talked to that sister via text and she let me know she has never been so miserable since mom died. She went on to tell me she wanted to do a foul tree. I think she meant a family tree, because she soon after asked for the name of my dad's father, along with the birthplace of my dad. I am guessing my other sister would stay with the idea of a foul tree. I doubt either sister has anything good to says to the other.

How does all this happen? At a time when we need to fight to stay together we find occasion to tear each other apart. Mom and Dad are no longer there to set us straight. Now that mom and dad are gone we only have each other. And only when we come to that realization will we ever truly know what good grief is and can be.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831715-Good-Grief