*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832305-Local-Talent
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#832305 added October 25, 2014 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Local Talent
I've been thinking about the author I would most like to be like and there are three that inspire me the most. My favorite author hands down is Leon Uris. Anything he has ever written, I have read two or three times. Absolutely love his work.





The second is Faith Sullivan. Her book The Cape Ann is based on the small town I grew up in. The story is about a little girl growing up in a small town during the Depression. One of the characters, the naughty little boy that annoyed her, is my dad. It is said to be a work of fiction, but everyone in town of a certain age remembers her and the people she describes, and everyone no matter how old recognize the setting.





The third author is LaVyrle Spencer. She is considered local. It is good to have a local author whose work you actually like and wish to emulate. I recognize most of the places that she describes in her books and I can just see the characters and wonder which people in that town she is portraying (because you don't get that real unless those words came out of someone's real mouth).





Peace, out!

© Copyright 2014 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832305-Local-Talent