*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832442-THOSE-GOOD-OLD-DAYS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#832442 added October 27, 2014 at 10:58am
Restrictions: None
THOSE GOOD OLD DAYS
BLOG CITY Prompt: Unique Family Traditions: Do you have any or do you know of one done by another family. Do you feel tradition is important?


I believe that tradition is one of the most important practices that bind a family together. Especially in our society where grown offspring tend to scatter around the country and around the world. The sad part is that with the death of grandparents, many of the traditions are compromised, overlooked, and eventually forgotten by the third generation.

As a young college student, I remember many long flights (in small twin-engine passenger planes) back to Wyoming for Christmas. Families had to be together for that holiday. And at the university we always had a Thanksgiving dinner (sort of pot-luck) for all the students who couldn't go home.

Years pass and where ever one is, Christmas is always celebrated. When I was in Iran, we always had both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners and lots of guests. Muslims like turkey and dressing too. The stores in the north parts of Tehran featured Christmas decorations and some trees.Their focus is more on the birth of the Prophet Jesus.

In Belize they follow the States and are already hinting about gift shopping. I think the Xmas 'commercial' Season starts the day after Halloween.

I fear that 'Family Traditions' have been taken over by corporate commercial interests. (for the god of profit) Now we refer to those wonderful past times as THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Always remember..>>>iggy*Boat*
** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.



© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832442-THOSE-GOOD-OLD-DAYS