*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833004-Chapter-six-draft
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2016926
Introduction
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#833004 added November 2, 2014 at 2:55am
Restrictions: None
Chapter six draft



         Matilda lays on the cold OBGYN table. Her legs were in the strips, and her belly bare covered with KY-jelly. Damion holds her hand as the couple watch the monitor. Forgetting that she was wearing an uncomfortable gown, she notices something different on the computer screen. Damion must have noticed that there was something wrong the same time as his wife because he squeezed her hand.


“What’s that?” He dared to ask what Matilda had dared not to say. He pointed to two small fuzzy figures moving.


“Well, Mr. and Mrs. ___________________.” The Dr. Jerries smiles. “Listen closely. Do you hear it?”


“Hear?” Matilda was so nervous that she didn’t hear the calmness in the doctor’s voice.


“Two heart beats.” The room became quiet as all ears were honed in to try to make out two distinct beats from what sounded like drum beats. “There that is one. There is the other.” He points to the peanut-like images that was on the screen. “You are having two little girls.”


Damion looks at Matilda and kisses her. “I hope that they look as beautiful as you.” Both parents have tears in their eyes.





        Matilda and Damion stand in a familiar places. Matilda holds baby Mary, and Damion holds his daughter Mercy. The little family stood in the same ash circle that the couple were joined in flesh, mind, power, and spirit. The stand with the stone once again between them and Willow. 


         Willow swept the ground inside the ash circle beneath the birch trees. On the table the women place objects: a candle to light the twins way in their religious path, feathers to connect them to flight, and a large mound of dirt to form a cradle for them.


         Willow motion to the parents. Matilda and Damion gave the baby girls to their grandmothers. Sarah laid the necked Mary into the pile of earth. Anna did the same with Mercy. The candle was lit, and the ceremony began.


         Willow pours warm oil over the infants. They had never felt the earth against their skin, but they didn’t seem uncomfortable. Mary is silent, while Mercy reaches to play in the oil as it hits her flesh. “Mother of Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water, lend your powers to your daughters. Powers to grow as their bodies do. Work in them as you will, bringing them stronger, give them human appeal, that the powers of the universe will be seen in them.”


         Then before the end of the ritual each women inside the circle is passed a sharp decorative dagger. One after another they prick the middle fingers. Choosing the middle finger was because the extra length of finger holds her access magic. After the women had cut themselves, they walk up to the babies dropping a drop of blood on each baby. They chanted in in unison,


Matilda and Damion took the girls into town once a week to buy produce. They loved the farmer’s market. There were always animals to pet, milk, or ride. The area was fenced in and the toddlers were able to get a little freedom from their parents’ hands.


         This day Mary wonders out of the sight of her mother.  Matilda saw Mercy, but she Mary was not holding her hand as usual. So Matilda and Damion began their hunt through-out the farmer’s market. Matilda walked to Mercy. “Where is Mary?” Mercy pointed into the direction of a man dressed in a big white hat. Damion’s stride hastened toward the couple. “Mary, what are you doing?” Damion scolds. Matilda chimes in, “You know that you don’t leave like that!”


         The man reaches out his hand. “I am Dallas.” Damion shakes the man’s hand. “Thank you for bringing our Mary to us.” He said. “I am Damion. This is my wife Matilda. These are my children Mercy, and of course you have met Mary.”


         “Nice to meet such a lovely family.” Dallas continues, “I am the pastor of the church around the corner.”          


Mary puts out her hand to be introduced. “I am Mary,” she said. “Your name is Dallas?”


“My name is Christian Rayvon Wright. Everyone calls me Dallas. As you can see the nick name is because of this big black hat. I was born in the hills of the Appalachians, a couple towns over, not in Texas. I am proud to be a Christian…” Christian is interrupted by Mercy.


“What is a Christian?” the toddler asks. She looked much like a little angel herself.


“I believe that God created you, mommy, daddy, and the whole world. After a while, the people became sinful, but God still loved them. He had promised to punish his children for their mistakes, but he did want them to have a way out so they would not have to be punished forever. So he sent his son to the Earth as a baby, he grew up, and was killed on a cross so that we could go to Heaven.”


“Heaven?” Mercy asks.


“Heaven is where God lives. There no one is sick, poor, or hungry. The streets are made of Gold, the gates are made pearls, and the lions will lay down and sleep with the lambs.” Dallas bends over to the eye level of the children.


“Are you going to live in Heaven,” he looks at Matilda then back to the girls.


“I sure hope so, but remember that this doesn’t make me any better than any of you.” Then Dallas stands up. He begins to preach.  “I have done my share of sin, and God has had to turn his head from some of my mistakes while trying to follow him. But brothers and sisters, I am here to tell you that if I can do this, you can too. There is love beyond your understanding. If you don’t have a mother, he will be comfort and nurture you better than any mother. If you don’t have a father, brother, sister, he will be your family. If you feel alone, you won’t be. All you have to do is believe and take him into your heart. He is waiting for you, and he knows that we all make mistake. He will forgive and clean every time you ask him to.”


While he tells his story, he looks toward the girls, and he remembers an event from his childhood. He steps down. Still speaking his sermon, his mid goes back to the farm he grew up in.


“Christian Rayvon!” Mrs. Tanner slammed her hand on his desk.  “Read the next paragraph.” She demanded knowing that he had once again drifted into a place that defiantly was not the English classroom.


         “Sorry, Mrs. Tanner.” He answered a little shocked. “I was…”


         “I don’t care what you were doing.” She said. “You were reading Shakespeare with the rest of us. I will see you after class.”


         Mrs. Tanner walks past his desk and calls on Terry. Christian still could not help but to think of his pregnant cow at the farm. He remembered that his father had said, “Bessy will have her youngen tomorrow. I’m a betten.”


         Christian’s mother had always kept him from the stable when the animals would give birth. She felt that it wasn’t proper for children to know where babies come from. Now that he was fourteen, and she had to explain why her belly had grown with her next child, she had agreed that he could be there to help with Bessy when the time came. It was hard to think about Romeo when Bessy might sneak a calf out while he was at school.


         The bell rang. The sound was welcomed because it was the last bell of the day. He stood in front of the two story building waiting for the big yellow bus with the number 103 to pull in to load him up for the trip home.


         When he got home, he ran into the house. “Mom! Dad!” he shouted as he searched the house. Then he got to his parents’ bedroom where his dad greeted him exhausted. “Son, I need you to listen to me.” Christian nods, not really knowing what was going on. “Your mother is about to give you a new brother or sister. We explained this to you months ago. I have to help Doc with Momma. I need you to care for Bessy. She is ready, and animals know what to do. You need to rub her and sooth her because she will be in pain.” He then goes back to Christian’s mother.


         Christian runs into the barn. He was excited to be adding two new lives to the family. When seeing Bessy with pain in her eyes, he grabbed the old rags that they used to clean the milking nozzles. He wet them and washed her face. Then after hours it seemed to be all night, Bessy lets out a loud terrifying bellow.  She began to jerk and even jump. Christian could see one of the calf’s legs coming from Bessy.


Not knowing what to do, Christian grabbed the leg, and he prayed. “Father, You are the creator of all living beings, and you can help me know what to do to help Bessy. I know that there something wrong. Please give me the wisdom and ability to help her deliver a healthy baby calf.”


         The even know Christian was scared and unsure of what he was doing, he pushed his arm as far into Bessy as he could. He didn’t notice the wetness or the blood. He felt the other leg and grabbed it. He begins to pull it down to match the position of the other leg. Bessy bellows again in pain. “Please God let me be doing the right thing.” Christian prays. He tries pulling so afriad that he would break something in the baby. The baby still remained stuck. Then he runs to the barn door and get a thin rope. He ties it around both the protruding legs, wraps the rope around one of the supporting beams of the barn, brings the end to where he could also guide the baby, and he pulled until the calf fell out. He caught the head from bouncing on the ground.


         He fell down beside Bessy who was now laying nursing and cleaning her new baby.


         Mr. Wright came into the barn around 8:00 am. He wondered how his son and Bessy was. It should not have been a hard job to watch Bessy give birth. Then he seen Christian with his head laying on a bundle of hay. Bessy looks at Christian’s father as if to tell him of a long night.


         When Christian entered the house, his father guided him to the bed where his mother was sleeping. There in a bassinet was a baby sister. He picked her up. He had tears in his eyes as he told his father the story. Mr. Wright smiled. “I have another surprise for you.” He grinned. “You get to name your sister.”


         Christian named his sister Bessy, and the male calf he named Dallas after his own nick name.


         Dallas looks back at the family. He hands Damion a card. “This is the address. I hope that you all will join me Sunday. We even have a special class for these angles.”


         Damion promises that he would attend and bring his family.





         Mary and Mercy are adorable toddlers. Mercy had wavy blond hair, crystal blue eyes, and dimples when she smiled. She captivated anyone she looked at. Mary had brown eyes and red hair. She was the least active of the sisters. Mary allowed her younger twin, by three minutes, to decide the activities of the day. Mary had bright red curls and piercing green eyes. Not a freckle on those cheeks. Mary had flawless skin to have red hair. She didn’t have freckles that usually marked most people with hair the color of hers. She was quieter than Mercy, and she required less attention. She was happy being in the background. Mercy was her Mary’s best friend, sister, and leader. Her green eyes shown with admiration for her sister.


Mercy loved her sister Mary, but she was happy to be a playmate that was so dedicated to make her happy. Mary loved Mercy too, and it was fun to play with Mercy. They were happy to be sisters, and life was always an adventure playing in the community park and the toys in their bedroom.


One night Matilda laid her daughters into pink full sized comfortable bed. “Momma, read.” Mary asked handing Matilda their Big Book Of Bible stories.


Matilda asked, “What story do you want me to read, my Darlings?”


“This one.” The girls pointed to a page with a picture of two women standing before the king with a guard holding a necked baby upside down with one leg. “I won’t you to read this one.”


So Matilda began:


Along time ago, in a time before our Lord Jesus was even born. Two women lived together. Each woman was young and they were roommates. They were close, and they seemed to be close friends.


One day one woman gives the second some good news. “I am going to have a baby.” Her friend was excited for her, and the two of them begin to ready their home for the new member to the house hold.


They swept the floors. They washed the walls. They even made little gowns for the baby. Yea the baby was going to be very happy when he/she comes into the world.


The women got even more excited when the second woman came to the first about three weeks later. “Friend,” She said smiling, “We are truly sisters. For I too am going to have a baby.”


Everything was going to be awesome. They would be a family. Two women could be help to each for the next few months, and then help each other. Neither had family or husbands so each woman was excited to have each other.


During the next few months the women readied for the arrival of their little bundles. They made even more baby clothes, preserved more food, and made plans how the two of them would be able to help each other get breaks and rest while the babies were young. They seemed to have the situation all figured out.


However, things were about to change. The first woman gave birth to her child. The child was healthy, and weighed about seven pounds. The second woman delivered the child. She holds him. As she did, she felt her own child leap inside her own belly. Both women nursed and cared for this little boy for three days, and this is where things began to change. The second woman gave birth to a son. He weighed about seven pounds. There could not have been two happier women because they had someone to share their lives with. They were astatic to be mothers.








 
IMAGE
reviewer of month of march  (E)
came at the best time
#1926888 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 dipolma  ()
I enjoyed this class
#1850294 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 
IMAGE
Reviewing ribbon  (E)
I am so happy to have been granted this reward..
#1931330 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children
© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833004-Chapter-six-draft