*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833658-Point-of-view
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#833658 added November 29, 2014 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
Point of view
How to you write. Point of view?
Please forgive me. I'm out of town and wiring on a kindle.
I've learned to try to stay in my character's head. I just received a review on an old MS I hadn't looked at for a long time. I received a commendation for staying in my characters point of view.
While editing my recent MS I was surprised how few times I had to delete paragraphs when I'd jumped into another character's head by telling the reader what he thought or saw.

I have a particular story where I show the reader a first time view through a soldier's eyes.  Saturday I visited the National American Museum of Jewish History.  I saw a brief video showing the cameraman entering Dakow.  I stood shocked as it unfolded almost exactly as I had described in the story.  I've watched and read many accounts of the concentration camps and their survivors. To keep the reader in the story think of a movie. When all you see is through the eyes of the character it can be more intense. Ever see children of the corn? All you see is corn stocks flying by as characters run trying to safety. You hear them breathing. When something jumps at them or a loud noise, you jump too because you are right there in their head.

My story is
STATIC
They Came  (18+)
Allies come to a prison camp
#1985955 by Quick-Quill



{/size

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833658-Point-of-view