*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835430-It-Never-Ends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1036404
thoughts that escape the confines of my head
#835430 added December 5, 2014 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
It Never Ends
So I lost Michael, then I lost Joe. Now I've lost the little 3 year old, who had turned 4. I am taking care of patients who are dying, but hey, we're all dying. There are no alternatives for me. I just go where I'm needed. So Desi died. That was her name. Desi. Her lungs were compromised because at two months old, she had a brain tumor, then a tumor on a kidney. It was the chemo. It wracked her infant body, then destroyed her organs. She was such a fighter. Strong and never seeming sick. The last day I saw her, she looked right into my camera as I took her picture. I told her and her mom that I would see them Tuesday night. Her lungs collapsed, the doctors induced a coma, she never woke up. I wrote her a poem.

When God Sends Us an Angel

When God sends us an angel, for just a little while
They’re here to bring us knowledge, they’re here to make us smile.
They’re here to make us stronger, they’re here to make us weak,
They’re here to point the way to all the knowledge that we seek.
They’re here to teach us when we’re down and feeling very sad,
There’s always someone else out there who has it twice as bad.
Desiree is an angel, sent from God above.
She came to give the knowledge, she came to teach the love.
And though she has returned to God, and left some of us with strife,
The knowledge and the love she brought, will stay with us for life.


I am now taking care of a 4 month old baby who just needs to gain weight and get stronger. He will then have surgery to correct his condition, and then go on to live a normal life without the need of nurses.







© Copyright 2014 blkkatwriting (UN: shajha249 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
blkkatwriting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835430-It-Never-Ends