*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835655-My-favorite-Christmas-memory
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#835655 added December 8, 2014 at 8:10am
Restrictions: None
My favorite Christmas memory
My favorite Christmas memory took place when I was first starting seminary. I was working hard to get myself established in a new place when the opportunity to fly East presented itself. I had little or no money. I have no idea where the money came from for the flight. I got ready to go back to Massachusetts with no gift. It was very disheartening. Mom had always lavished gifts on us during the Christmas holiday and I had nothing. Shortly before Christmas I was working at the Seminary radio station when I saw a catalog. There was a picture of a man praying with a bible nearby. It symbolized perfectly my own place in the new world I was adopting. I came off the plane with my humble offering. I felt very small. I come from a very big family and I had nothing to give them. The thing I remember most was that mom made a very loud statement about how I was the present that meant more than anything I could give. Even to this day I am deeply touched by that sentiment. It is not what we give for the holidays, It is who we give and the greatest gift, considering the birth of the savior is the gift of ourselves. The picture I shared was on the kitchen wall for many years. I was reminded of what lead me to leave home in the first place. Mom made me feel treasured that Christmas. It was the last time I would spend Christmas day with my mom, also the most memorable. Never forget that the greatest gift you can offer another is yourself!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835655-My-favorite-Christmas-memory