*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835788-This-ones-about-Christmas-stalling
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#835788 added December 9, 2014 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about Christmas stalling.
BCOF Insignia


*Santahat* "What is your favorite Christmas song? Why is it your favorite? Does it bring back special memories?"

Hey folks! Welcome back! I know it's been awhile, and I kinda decided without telling anyone I was gonna take some time off from WDC to concentrate on school...and then the bottom sorta fell out on me without really any warning. I guess what goes around comes around, so let that be a lesson to you all: When you leave WDC with out saying much, your life will instantly fall apart. True story, bro. For some reason I started having anxiety and panic issues again, which made me sick...and of all the time for my phone to break, that was the perfect time *Rolleyes*. I had a pretty tough stretch...and then 30DBC Creator/Founder sent me a message one day on Facebook (I'd become so dis des <there's a word that starts with "d" that I can't think of right now that means "disinterested"> that I was hardly even going on the internet much for anything useful or entertaining) that he was putting me in charge of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS...so the next day sho' 'nuff, the 30DBC was in my port. So I've still got some work to do with that but thankfully Lyn's a sly fox and Charlie ~ have been holding down the fort and I can't thank them enough for it.

Then there was the sleep thing, of which I was hardly getting (but you don't need to hear about those details). And writing...I was tapped out. There aren't enough hours left in the day sometimes to write the way I'm comfortable putting up a blog entry. I just needed a break. I think we all hit that wall from time to time. I'm slowly getting myself back, and I wasn't gonna fully return to WDC until January, but I've been participating in "The Snail Mail Forum, and I couldn't pass up "12 Days of "Christmas", so here we are. Nice to see you guys again. *Wink*

Speaking of Christmas...

** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **


In the forum for The Soundtrackers' 12 Days I think I said something about "thinking outside the box" and then "stepping on the box" and "so on", but then the BCF prompt came down for today and I thought "why not do the same entry for both, because that's the obvious thing to do and I don't want this entry to be too long". Very out-of-the-box-ish *Rolleyes*.

Anyway, since this is supposed to be about favorite Christmas songs, I'm not sure I have any that are considered #1, elite, ultimate most favorite (I've worked too many holidays in retail to fully ever enjoy any Christmas song ever again), so I'm going with Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" because it's bright and catchy and gets stuck in your head in a good way. And when I first realized how much I loved it, it was a Christmas Eve about twenty years ago. I'd recently bought my first car, so my girlfriend at the time and I were driving from the suburbs into the city of Buffalo (about a 20 minute drive), and we were already running late, but I soooooo wanted to hear that song. I was driving around different blocks in my aunt's neighborhood with my girl manning the "scan" button on the radio (because all the stations by then were playing Christmas songs) hoping to hear it. After awhile I was about to give up, and aimed the '89 Plymouth Horizon to my aunt's. When we rounded the corner to her street, we nailed a station playing it...a Christmas miracle! Of course we sat in the car until the song was over. *Delight*

And yeah, I've heard cover versions, but this is one instance where, to me, the original is and always will be the standard bearer of excellence and stuff.


"The party's on...The spirits up...We're here tonight, and that's enough!"
Lyrics.  


For the blog.


*Apple* The more I think about it, the more my feelings of sadness turn to outrage, and I'm sure I made mention of this before, but Apple has discontinued the 160 GB iPod Classic...an item that's perfect for someone like me with a large music collection who doesn't need an iPhone. To add to my anger, iPod Classics are being sold on Amazon and eBay for ridiculous amounts  . And when someone asks me what I want for Christmas, I usually never know, but this year, that's what I wanted...only no one has any. I feel like going Black Friday Walmart   (check out the woman at the :16 mark trying to put her wig back on *Laugh*) on a mega-corporation. I feel kinda screwed over by Apple; like they're pigeonholing me into their products that they want to sell me, and not into something I'd like to own. Buncha jerks.

Well, like I said I wanted to keep this short today, and I did the best I could. Peace, ding dong, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835788-This-ones-about-Christmas-stalling