*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836093-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2021930
The battle between Muslim vampire hunters and Volpone, the vampire
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#836093 added December 13, 2014 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Scene 3

Lights up

On stage is Giselle. She is strapped onto a chair and has her thumb attached to a thumbscrew.

Mercutio turns the lever.

Giselle screams in pain.

Mercutio: Speak woman! speak!

Giselle: I'm not a Mohammedian! I'm not! I'm a Christian!

Mercutio slaps Giselle

Mercutio: You lie witch!

Giselle: I am not lying!

Enter Volpone from the right.

Volpone( To Mercutio angrily): What is this Mercutio!

Mercutio( puzzled to Volpone): Master! I'm torturing her! I'm making her confess.

Volpone hits Mercutio.

Volpone: Out now boy!

Mercutio quickly leaves stage to the right.

Giselle looks fearful of Volpone.

Volpone frees Giselle from the thumbscrew.

Giselle: F-father? Wh-why do you free me sir?

Giselle stops moving.

Volpone( To audience): Oh holy FATHER! oh trinity! I want her! This demoness that delights my mind! I wish to love her but alas I cannot! Oh why! Why does this woman plague me so?!

Giselle moves again.

Giselle: Why free me sir?

Volpone: I have called a doctor to see your thumb my child. He shall be with you shortly.

Enter Abaddon from the right. He is in doctor uniform and carries a bag with him.

Abaddon( To Volpone): Hello! Hello! And another hello glorious grand inquisitor!

Volpone grimaces. Giselle gags in nauseau.

Volpone ( To Abaddon): What is that foul stench doctor!?

Abaddon: I just farted. Quite a nasty gas I produce inquisitor. I once accidently killed a cat with it!

Volpone: That is the smell of a corpse not of released gas!

Abaddon: I'm the doctor here good sir so I know the difference between a fart and a corpse and I never seen a corpse fart as of yet.

Volpone: How dreadful!

Abaddon walks over to Giselle.

Abaddon checks the finger.

Abaddon ( inspecting the finger): I see, I see.

Giselle( To Volpone): Please let me go sir!

Volpone( To Giselle): Quiet down child!

Abaddon ( looking interested): Hmmmmmmm................

Volpone( To Abaddon): well then doctor?

Abaddon( To Volpone): Sorry to say sir, but I must operate immediately on her!

Volpone( To Abaddon): Operate?!

Giselle( in great fear to Abaddon): Wh-whats wrong!

Abaddon takes out a knife.

Abaddon ( To Giselle): Your finger is heavily bruised! To take away the pain I shall cut off your head dearie!

Giselle( To Abaddon): NOOO! Don't cut off my head! I'll die!

Volpone hits Abaddon. Abaddon drops the knife.

Volpone( To Abaddon in rage): You are mad you foul stenched doctor! Out! Out! ( Volpone pushes Abaddon out off-stage to the right)

Volpone turns towards Giselle.

Giselle: Oh thank you sir for saving my life!

Volpone: Yes, I saved you since I love you!

Volpone rushes to Giselle and holds her hands in his.

Volpone: I love you my child!

Giselle: What!? B-but I am a married woman!

Volpone: I do not care! I-I cannot help it! You have charmed me! I love you!

Giselle: How can you love me! We hardly know each other!

Volpone: I shall keep you hidden, keep you in the tower where only my most trusted servants shall visit you!

Giselle: You are mad!

Volpone: Mad! Mad you say! How dare you reject me in such a way! Such cruel words my child!

Giselle: I have a husband!

Volpone: Not for much longer sweet girl for I shall have him cleansed as a witch.

Giselle: No!

Giselle pushes Volpone.

Volpone falls to the floor. Giselle attempts to escape.

Volpone grabs her foot. She falls to the floor.

Volpone: You are mine! You shall be looked after! You do not need a husband when you have me!

Giselle: Let me go you lunatic!

Giselle kicks him in the face.

Volpone howls in pain.

Volpone: I'll cleanse you for this you wretched Mohammedian! I shall have you dealt with in front of your husband!

Giselle struggles to free herself. Volpone sees the knife and picks it up and wounds Giselle in a lethal wound.

The knife is stuck in Giselle. She screams and scratches at Volpone's face.

Giselle pulls out the knife and stabs Volpone in the chest. Volpone looks shocked at the wound.

Volpone:I-it hurts so much! Oh it hurts! So painful! Oh God! Oh my God! Oh! You filthy mohammedian! You've killed me!

Giselle spits at Volpone

Giselle: Now you have a glimpse as to what it feels like to be one of the thousands you tortured! I also lied! I am no Christian! I am a muslim you filthy evil creature! I am glad that your evil now ends you lunatic! Oh! My poor husband! Oh I do not want to leave him! Poor man! Oh Allah! Please protect my beloved husband and that he finds another wife to live with! If I cannot then at least let my beloved be happy! Allahu akbar!

Giselle dies.

Volpone writhes on the ground in pain.

Volpone weeps.

Volpone:I -I don't want to die! I want to live!

Enter Hecate from the right.

Hecate has her broomstick with her.

Hecate: Wooo! The amusing one is dying! Oh how Hecate feels saddened!

Volpone: Help me!

Hecate: Okie dokey! I can help you my handsome maniac! All you must do is renounce God and give yourself to Hecate.

Volpone: What?! I cannot do that!

Hecate: Oh well, you obviously do not want to live! See ya in hell lover boy!

Hecate turns around ready to leave.

Volpone: I renounce God and give myself to Hecate! Help me woman! Please!

Hecate jumps up in joy and turns around facing Volpone.

Hecate: I'll fix you up my lover! ( Chanting) Porakolaiso, ragiteo! Rise Evil! Arise!

Smoke appears, the screams of evil spirits is heard

Hecate grabs Volpone then bites him on the neck.

Lights down.

Scene 4

Lights up

On stage is Volpone who is asleep.

He awakens. He checks himself and sees no wound and no knife.

Volpone( To himself): Wh-where am I? Wh-what is this thirst! Ah! It is a harsh pain! Why am I unwounded? It was a dream!

Enter Hecate and Abaddon

Volpone: You! The girl from my dream!

Hecate: That was no dream my sweet vampire!

Volpone: What in God's name is happening?

Abaddon looks angry.

Hecate: Do not say that word here! Or I shall give you pain!

Volpone: Do not talk nonsense!

Hecate: Sharapo sigibolugosawa!

Volpone screams in pain and falls to the floor.

Volpone: Wh-what was that!?

Hecate runs up to him and smacks him with her broomstick.

Hecate: You are mine! Mine! Mine! You are no longer on the side of the the most gracious, most merciful! Not that you were in the first place but you thought you were! You are my slave!

Volpone sits up and looks to be in slight pain.

Volpone: Why did you save me woman!? My soul! My soul is damned!

Abaddon( To Volpone): Oh grow up laddie boy!

Volpone: What will I do now?

Hecate: You will spread false doctrines upon the world! You shall invite people to sin.

Volpone: B-but when I die I will go to hell!

Abaddon: Get a grip sonny jim!

Hecate: Yer immortal!

Volpone: what?!

Abaddon: Immortal!

Abaddon runs up to Volpone

Abaddon: I'll explain laddie! You wanted to torture the muslim girl. She go all stabby stabby with you then to save yer sorry ass Hecate here, saves you with her magic since she has taken a fancy to you. Get it? Get it? You are a vampire! An immortal! Immortal boy! Immortal! Weee!

Abaddon dances around then starts crawling like a dog.

Abaddon( To Hecate): Woof! Woof! I gotta go darling! I got me some souls to corrupt! Heil Satan!

Hecate( To Abaddon): Heil Satan!
Abaddon l leaves the stage to the right crawling like a mad beast foaming at the mouth and howling.

Volpone: Why do I feel so thirsty?

Hecate: Awwww! My sweet cruel one is thirsty! Sugar satan mummy will quench your thirst soon!

Volpone: do you have water?

Hecate: We'll quench yer thirst soon lover! First let me introduce you to some of my friends! ( Speaking to off-stage to the right): Come here thou seven deadly sins! Come! Introduce thyself in order!

Frightful screams are heard.

Enter Gluttony. Gluttony is female and has a pie in her hand. She has vomit down her top.

Gluttony( To Volpone): Wooo! Hello! ello! I'm hungry! Always hungry! I eat till I spew it all up again then I eat again. Me is hungry for flesh! I want your flesh!

Gluttony runs at Volpone.

Hecate smacks Gluttony with the broomstick.

Hecate( To Gluttony): Bad Gluttony! Bad girl! He is not your food! Shoo! Away!

Gluttony leaves stage to the left grumbling.

Volpone( To Hecate): What a monstrosity!

Hecate: Gluttonny likes eating too much i'm afraid! Last week I caught her digging up a grave to eat some human bones! I stole the bones to practise my magic on.

Enter Sloth. He is in pyjamas.

Sloth( To Hecate and Volpone): Duuuuuude! I'm Sloth! How's it going maaan! I need to sleep duuude!

Sloth leaves stage to the left.

Volpone: Lazybones!

Hecate: I make soap out of lazy people sometimes since they tend to also be gluttonous.

Enter Greed

Greed: I'm Greed! Give me your money! I walk the land wanting money! More money! More! I smell an old lady! I shall go and put her in debt!

Greed leaves stage to the left

Enter Pride

Pride: I am pride. I love myself more than anyone else!

Pride leaves to the left

Enter Envy

Envy( To Volpone): Oh! You have flesh and were a Grand Inquisitor! I am soo jealous! I hate you! I hate you!

Envy leaves

Enter Wrath

Wrath is covered in blood.

Wrath( In rage to Volpone): I'm Wrath! Ahhhhh! I'm full of rage! Ahhh! I want to destroy, kill and maim! You want to fight me you whoreson!? Well? Come on you slug!

Hecate( Whilst smacking Wrath with the broom to Wrath): Shoo! Shoo!

Wrath leaves angrily and having a tantrum.

Volpone( To Hecate): What a madman!

Hecate: Oh yes! He lost his temper last week and massacred a town! All because a fellow did not say hello to him!

Enter Lust. She is a beautiful woman.

Lust( To Volpone): Hey sugar! I'm lust! Oh yeah! I want to fornicate with you! Come here and get a kissy!

Volpone( To lust): I cannot woman!

Hecate( To Lust): He is mine anyway! So begone before I give you a slap! Or stay and join in with me!

Lust( To Hecate): Oh yeah! I love a witch and I like sharing! Exciting!

Volpone( To Hecate): I-I cannot fornicate!

Hecate( To Volpone): Nonsense me love! You can fornicate as much as you want! But first we must quench thou thirst( To off stage) Bring him in! Bring him so that he can be feasted upon!

Enter two monsters pushing Bishop Fredericko. The bishop is tied up.

Fredericko( to Volpone): What is this Volpone? What is happening? Who are these people?!

Volpone( to Fredericko): Th-they are...

Hecate( To Fredericko): I'm Hecate! Great jinni of the witchcraft! I'll kiss your soul and give you syphilis!

Lust( To Fredericko): I'm lust! I'm feeling real attracted to you right now!( To everyuone) Let us have an orgy!

Monster 1(To Lust): No thanks! I'm a sodomite!

Monster 2(To Lust): And this other demon is me lover! Not our style!

Monsters leave stage to the right.

Lust( To Hecate): Sodomites are soo tedious!

Fredericko( To Volpone): Volpone! Why do you associate with such hellspawn?

Volpone looks madly at Fredericko. He starts frothing at the mouth.

Volpone( To Fredericko): I gave myself to Hecate! My thirst must be quenched!

Volpone grabs Fredericko and bites his neck.

Frightful screams are heard. Hecate and Lust dance around.

Hecate and Lust together: Vampire! Vampire! Drink your fill of blood then have a threesome with us and be our umpire. It'll be real wholesome!

Enter three bearded hideous witches with a cauldron.

Three witches( as they dance around the cauldron in a circle): Sell your soul to evil! To evil give thyself like a wool with an evil pool!

Volpone stops drinking Fredericko's blood. Fredericko is dead. Volpone has blood on his mouth.

Volpone( To three hideous Witches): What are you thou ugly wenches!?

Three witches( To Volpone): Were witches!

Volpone: witches you say? You sound more like bitches!

Hecate laughs

Lust( To everyone): Let us have an orgy! A satanic orgy!

Enter Abaddon from the right. He is dressed up like a woman.

Abadddon ( To everyone): Who said orgy!? I love an orgy! Any sheep or goats here!?

Hecate( To Abaddon): Not tonight Abaddon! But we got us a vampire!

Abaddon (To Volpone): You got perty lips! Make me squeal like a piggy!

Volpone stands up.

Volpone( To Hecate): I feel refreshed. I feel power coursing through me! How long will this last you beautiful demoness?

Hecate( To Volpone): As long as you drink blood then your immortal i'd say!

Volpone( To Himself): Immortal you say!? Immortal! I am immortal! I am powerful! I shall destroy holy texts! I shall spread sin! Hail Satan!

Everyone: Hail Satan! Hail Satan! Hail Satan! Lord of evil and prince of evil and falsehood!

Volpone approaches Lust and Hecate in a lusty devilish manner.

Volpone( To Hecate and Lust): The grand inquisitor needs some demoniac love thou cursed pearls!

Volpone leers at Hecate and Lust in degenerate lechery.

Abaddon( To Volpone): You are doing me last! Get in there laddie! Cor! What a vampire!

Lights down

End of scene 4

END OF PROLOGUE


© Copyright 2014 akakapo (UN: akakapo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
akakapo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836093-Chapter-2