*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836525-Only-in-Minnesnowta
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#836525 added December 17, 2014 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
Only in Minnesnowta



Only in Minnesota can you have 3 seasons in 24 hour period. Check this out. December 15 rolled in with a sea of brown because most of the snow had melted. We were sitting at a balmy 55 degrees (2 degrees warmer than Sacramento, California) and it was raining, washing all the snow away, leaving mud in its wake. I mean, seriously, the only snow around were those snow removal piles left by the diligent and die hard city workers. By evening, the rain turned to snow and the temperature plummeted 30 degrees.





By the next morning, there was a thin layer of snow over ice and the temp dropped another ten degrees. And the snow was not the pretty white stuff of movies and folk lore. This snow had a definite dinginess to it. As I was driving to work, I tried to see pretty, but everything from the buildings, to the roads, to the cars all seemed to have this layer of dirt on them, taking all the shiny colors and leaving only dull shadows instead.


I used the rain as an opportunity to wipe down the car to leave it all nice and shiny, but poor thing still looked like a lump of coal on four wheels. So sad.





By morning my little gray car had a layer of snow on it. I think most men would be irritated with me within seconds. I am that one that brushes off the window, scrapes off only enough ice to see out the mirrors and eye level, and makes sure the windshield wipers are operating because the defroster will have melted the rest of the ice a little at a time and it is just easier to see if it can be wiped away with one of those windshield wiper thingies. You know? Like that. I can hear the people behind me cursing me out because it must be like going through a snow storm until all the snow is blown off. I tell myself I do that so that no one will ace me out. And I think it works. The daredevils stay well clear of me on snow days.





So you see? Snow is a good thing. It is very cleansing on the spirit and everyone behaves!



© Copyright 2014 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836525-Only-in-Minnesnowta