*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836598-Ratings-and-Reviews
by Sharon
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1267252
Informative topics, reviews and my personal reflections.
#836598 added December 18, 2014 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Ratings and Reviews
I was going through all my reviews and noticed that I gave 5 stars to a lot of items, even though they may have had a punctuation error or grammatical error. I remember reading a note from WDC about reviewing that said we shouldn't give 5 stars so easily. I have also received responses to some of my reviews which stated that the writer doesn't want a star rating for their work, only a review, because the stars don't really mean anything.

I read a lot of stories and poems that have a couple errors that I feel don't detract from the good work they produce. If I enjoy someone's not-so-perfect poem or story, I will give them 5 stars because it's the substance of the writing that I want to review, not the minor errors. I will point out the errors just in case they want to correct them, but I don't lower their rating. If I find a story or poem that I can't get into, either because it's full of blatant errors, isn't spaced properly for easy reading, or just doesn't make sense to me, I just go on to the next item to review.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

© Copyright 2014 Sharon (UN: sharlea2348 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sharon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836598-Ratings-and-Reviews