*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837007-Flu-for-Christmas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#837007 added December 24, 2014 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Flu for Christmas
         I just had to jinx myself and predict a smooth, stress-free Christmas. The flu hit big time yesterday. I was violently ill last night. The retching was so painful and so awful, it stopped my heart, and I passed out on the bathroom floor.

         Just to be clear, I've had the flu shot! The strain that's going around is not the one they prepared for. So I won't get that other flu, but this one nearly killed me. Now I know why a cardiologist told me the flu could be fatal for people like me.

         Anyway, I feel like crap today. I hurt all over. I can't eat. I'm drinking water and tea in sips only. That's it. I was up most of the night, even after the worst of it was over. I still have to run to the bathroom if I sneeze or cough. So I don't want to have Christmas at my house. No one will change their plans. I'm going to have people in the house with my germs. I guess they think they're invincible.

         My brother said he would come do the cooking. He hasn't shown up yet. I don't want my Dad to try. It will take me a week after I'm well to clean up behind him. I did sweep and took some pies out of the freezer.Thank goodness all the wrapping and decorating are done.

         It was all I could do to get in the shower this morning. Drying my hair was an ordeal; I finally gave up. I plan to sit around a few more hours, before I push myself. My stomach hurts.

         Have a safe and healthy Christmas Eve.

© Copyright 2014 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837007-Flu-for-Christmas