*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837367-Giving-them-the-Boot
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#837367 added December 30, 2014 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
Giving them the Boot
I was at my work doing mobile, as a security guard and came upon a car that I knew had more than a couple parking tickets. I did my best to avoid it and then I decided I needed to do my job as much as I knew it would not be pleasant. I called operations and sure enough the person had three tickets, which meant that I had to put a boot on the car. It was something that I had never done.

I called the senior officer and he showed me how to get the boot on the car. It seemed simple enough.
"Just make sure it is tight"
I left the scene, knowing full well that if the boot was put on it was eventually going to need to come off.

I got the call as I was about at the top of one of the garages. The lady of the car discovered that she could not move the car with the boot on. When I got there she was all smiles, giggling to whoever she was talking to. I went over to the car and proceeded to try to get the boot off and it would not budge. I got it twisted somehow and the harder I tried the more frustrated I was getting.
"Are you damaging my car?" "Why can't you get it off?" I have got to get somewhere"

The more she chastised me the more frustrated I became. The boot seemed to be glued to the tire. I knew the only way out was to call the senior officer who was giving someone a break.*Confused*
"Just wiggle it off. you will get it off alright"

I was not as sure. Eventually I did get it off and the lady was about to drive off when she noticed the sticker that was put on her car would not peel off.
"Come over here, Now how do you expect me to get the sticker off?" I tried to peel it off with my finger nails to no avail.
I called the senior officer.
"Just tell her to use some windex"
She went off in a huff. She did not even wave to say goodbye. I am sure she was thinking of a lot of other things she could have said to me.

Giving the boot, sure can get people upset. I can hardly wait to try it again. It can only get better after all.
*Delight*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837367-Giving-them-the-Boot