*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837396-This-ones-about-New-Years-new-years-and-the-same-ol-me
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#837396 added December 30, 2014 at 6:58pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about New Years, new years, and the same ol' me.
Blog City image small


*Confettir* "What is your formula of sticking to New Year's resolutions or any other promises to yourself, after making them?"

Good afternoon, kind people! I love the New Year themed prompts *Rolleyes*, so let's tackle these while I'm still awake and give a shit.

Formula? That means math, and y'all know I don't play math well in this here writing of stuff about writing and not maths. That's not to say I dislike math; maths are important and I don't shy away from dropping verbal maths (as long-time readers will know). It's just that...when you get technical and want me to produce a formula...the angst and anxiety comes out, and I go into batshit recluse mode. Not a bad place to be, by the way.

Me though? I'm formula-deficient. See "This one's about teaching, tradition, and TWLOHA. if you're in need of a primer. I don't make resolutions, mainly because I've learned I don't stick to them. Why bother? I need a nap; I'll eventually take one. I'll lose weight...*Laugh* easier said than done. I'll quit smoking...naw man, I'm going straight to Hell with my sultry looks, disgusting intentions, and my menthols. Word to the seed I don't believe I have. You want a formula? There's 39 years' worth, in skin and maybe a fancy hat.

And I've learned not to promise anything to myself either, because I know I'll let myself down. I'm the biggest a-hole to myself than anyone has ever been to me, and I know a lot of a-holes.

That said, 2015 should be a beast. A friendly beast; kind and searching for more beasts like him. Introspection sucks balls, this year and every one after.

BCOF Insignia


*Burstv* "As the year closes, many of us consider New Year's Resolutions. On January 1st, we are opening a brand new 365 page book about what? This book is our opportunity to create something unique. Do you make resolutions? What's the first page/chapter of your book going to say?"

Like I said y'all...I don't make resolutions. I don't believe in setting myself up for failure. I'll do what I do, take my chances, and deal with what becomes of it. If this is the new year  , then so be it. If not, make what you can of it and go from there. Very simple.

Ain't no book gonna tell me how to live. Not much I haven't seen before. Naps though...naps are great. I need to take more of them (solid ones), and I need to stay vigilant concerning a good nod-off (which I could use right now).

I still haven't closed the book on two decades but...I'm thoroughly unprepared to start a new book in and of 2015.

Blog divider.


I guess I do have one traditional New Years song, and it's this one...


"Like calendars dying at New Year's Eve parties,
as we kiss hard on the lips
and swear this year will be better than the last."
Lyrics.  


For the blog.


*Thought2* I'm so glad someone came up with this list of deep thoughts   well in advance of me saying any of them.

*Confettibl* I know you're concerned about how I feel regarding New Years, but don't worry...I think I've got "having a healthy and successful year" taken care of:

Is this how New Years works?


*Quill* I wanna take a second (maybe two...it's my blog *Smirk*) to thank the person that nominated this slice of internet pizza for "Best Blog" in the 2014 incarnation of "The Quills. It means a lot; I'm not gonna lie. I've been nominated for awards before and even took home an honorable mention one year, but something about it feels different this time. And hey, congrats to all the other nominees as well, who are all special and deserving in their own right..."Invalid Item. I'm particularly excited that lizco252's "The Soundtrackers Group got a nom for "Best New Group", because I enjoy taking part in Beth's Soundtracker activities and sharing music with others...I'd love to see the Soundtrackers take home a trophy for Beth.

Alright, I'm done here for another day. Thank you, do your thing, peace, can we have one last dance, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837396-This-ones-about-New-Years-new-years-and-the-same-ol-me