*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837410-True-Story--I-Cant-Make-This-Stuff-Up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#837410 added December 31, 2014 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
True Story. I Can't Make This Stuff Up.
My boss (Larry) and I have the most unusual conversations. Today it was the worst Christmas gifts.





He trades holiday gifts with the Landlord, Mark. Mark gave him a full set of Rodgers & Hammerstein DVDs. I oo'd and aw'd in all the right places until he told me that it was a repeat of last year's gift. Oh, no! About three seconds later, Mark remembered that he gave that to Larry last year! Double oh, no! Then Mark wants to buy it back so he can give it to his daughter. Triple oh, no!





The worst gift I ever got was from one of Larry's old secretaries. We exchanged names that year and I stifled a groan when "Trudy" drew my name. I secretly hoped that she would forget about it and show up late like she always did. I am not kidding when I say the former office manager kept a chart on the wall and would ask her what excuse she had for being late that day. Anyway, when she came in, she gave me a very thoughtful gift -- literally thoughtful. She said she bought a soap dish for me but misplaced it. Isn't that thoughtful? Sometimes, you just have to laugh. The next day she came in and handed me a bag of potato flakes that she got from the food bank. I declined it and told her to keep it, she needed it more than me. But no, she would not be satisfied until I took her bag of potato flakes. Hope the hobos found it and could use it. I only knew I was not taking it to my house.

© Copyright 2014 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837410-True-Story--I-Cant-Make-This-Stuff-Up