*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838031-Snow-Tubing-was-a-Bust
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#838031 added January 6, 2015 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Snow Tubing was a Bust!
Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead. – Les Brown

All week I’ve been looking forward to going snow tubing with my son. He’s 8 and this was a trip I arranged for his cub scout den as his den leader. Mind you, there isn’t much snow in So. Cal, but in the Los Angeles forest, high in the mountains just off the 138 (it’s a state highway) there’s a town called Wrightwood and a winter resort called Mt. High. You can ski, snowboard, and go snow tubing. I planned to go there. We were going to meet at the snow tubing park at 2. I left at 12. At 1, I turned onto state highway 2 from the 138 and the 5 mile road to Wrightwood was a parking lot! I got to Wrightwood at 2 and Mt. High at 3:30. The cones were up. The lot was full. I had to turn around go home.

Needless to say I was disappointed.

So was Joe. I tried to give him hope as we inched forward, but there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

I didn’t cuss or start hitting the steering wheel or cry. I just turned around with a heavy heart full of disappointment. Joe was bummed, so I told him we would try again next month.

I suppose I could have called the facility to complain, but what good would that have done? The traffic was unreasonable and they had no control over the traffic.
I figure disappointment is like a nasty little cold, sometimes you get it so you can say you’ve had it and recovered from it.

Resolution/aka Goal #3: Plan as much as I can, not only in my writing, my cub scout adventures, but in my food prep, too. Planning helps keep the edge off disappointment.

© Copyright 2015 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838031-Snow-Tubing-was-a-Bust