*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838853-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#838853 added January 17, 2015 at 2:42pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Wow! Four days in a row, I must be setting some kind of record. Okay, I've done much better in the past, but more recently, I've had a tough time at getting in here at all.

It feels good to be back in here, getting my mail cleaned up, and actually writing a bit. I know, it's not a story or a poem, but it's writing, and that's what matters. For some, it's all work and no play makes them a boring person, or whatever the result may be. For me, it's all work and no writing makes T.J. feel stressed and down.

Of course, once a person gets feeling stressed out and down, it's even more difficult to make the time to write, and the circle is then completed. Only by breaking the cycle and writing can things start to change again. At least, that's the way it works for me. The other big factor is sleep. Not enough sleep has been a big problem for me for quite some time now. But, I think I have that cycle broken now, too.

I know there will be more challenges to keep things working in the right direction, but just seeing these few results is motivating and has me feeling positive and self-assured. I already have one issue at work that should have me stressed and looking at the very likely possibility of losing out on a lot of the limited time I now have.

There's this knucklehead who just insists on doing things wrong, and he's done run our of chances. I have to go in and talk to him next week, serve him a corrective action that is also his final warning. Then, even the slightest infraction, and he will be out of a job. The sad part is, he seems to want to get fired. I've tried my best to get him to comply with proper protocol, and he does for a short time, but then it's right back to the same problems.

Oh well, I know I've given him ample opportunities and it's up to him to make the right choices. In fact, by all rights, he should have been terminated last fall, but I gave him another chance. I even went out on a limb with my boss the last time he messed up. Now, he's getting strike four and still not out the door. But, knowing how things have gone so far, I suspect he will not make it through the end of the month. Sad, but nothing more I can do.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838853-Saturday