*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838948-Head-vs-Heart
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#838948 added January 18, 2015 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
Head vs. Heart
Prompt from Jeff's Jibber Jabber: When making decisions in life, do you listen to your head or heart more? Are you more of a logical or emotional thinker?





When my kids hit that magic age of 15, I told them that soon they would be making life decisions, so they had to make sound decisions. What did I mean by life decisions? I mean that every decision would soon be a first choice and every decision that followed would be based upon or building from those decisions. Up to this time, all decisions were made for them, but now they were able to take on some of the easier choices/decisions. Their father and I would be around to bounce ideas off, but they would be 100% responsible for choices made and could not blame anyone for the results of those choices/decisions.





That was more than I ever got. From college to about the next 20 years, all decisions were knee-jerk reactions, or letting others tell me what to do. Making decisions with my head is much more satisfying than making decisions from the heart. After all the origin of the word decide is "to cut off". If I lead with my heart, there will be pain involved. When I lead with my head, I can withstand any resultant outcomes of a "decision" or any resultant cut-offs.





Thinking logically was a hard lesson learned. Too many wrong turns and regrets with emotional thinking.






© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838948-Head-vs-Heart