*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839600-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#839600 added January 26, 2015 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Alrighty then, here's today's journal entry. I'm hoping this will go alright and I don't start bleeding all over the keys. Nothing serious, just a bit of a cut on my finger. I was butchering a chicken, store bought but whole, and did one of those dumb things, like cutting towards a body part, in this case, my own finger.

It didn't help any that I had picked out a very sharp fillet knife and was cutting through a rather stubborn joint at the time. The knife caught, I used more pressure and a slicing movement, and behold, the blade sliced right on through. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, my finger was on the other side and the blade also sliced right into the tip of my finger.

I don't believe with went very deep, but it sure wanted to bleed out. Of course, I stopped processing the chicken as soon as I felt the blade against my finger. I went straight to the sink and washed my hands very well, paying special attention to the wounded digit. I rinsed my hands and then re-washed the end of the finger, cleaning the wound well.

I then went to the first aid kit to retrieve a bandage and some disinfectant, but discovered we are out of band-aids. I did locate some sterile gauze and some tape, which served the purpose just as well, possibly even better than the band-aid would have. With my finger securely wrapped, I returned to the task and soon finished my work.

Tonight, we will dine on chicken breast, sliced thin and seasoned with a blend Mexican blend of spices. I'm not sure at this time just what we will create, but the chicken breast is sliced and seasoned. I'm thinking of cooking up some vegetables with the chicken and putting it all in a tortilla, with some cheese and sour cream. I have some brown rice already cooked, al dente, and will season that as well. On the side, some re-fried beans, of course. Tomorrow the rest of the chicken will be fried up crispy and juicy, then served with potatoes and gravy and a vegetable side dish.

After dining tonight, we may have a fire, but I tend to think it will get a bit late, and since Rhonda worked, she will be too tired to sit out around a fire. She and I are both off tomorrow, however, and it's supposed to be very nice out, again. So, if we don't make the fire tonight, we can still enjoy one tomorrow night. I know, it's the wrong time of the year to have a fire in this part of the country. But, we are having spring like temperatures and if we snuggle up with some blankets and a nice fire, we should be comfortable enough. Then, a little brandy to sip and it will be a beautiful evening.

Well, it looks like my first aid did the trick. after finishing up the chicken, I had to remove my bandaging and wash my finger real well, again. Since I had used up the remaining tape, I had to try another approach to stop the bleeding and keep the wound sealed. I used some liquid skin, or new skin, something like that, to do the trick. I held it tight and compressed the wound until it had stopped bleeding, then I put the liquid bandage on the wound and let it dry well. It seems to be holding up, and it feels pretty good.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839600-Monday