*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839608-Television-Overload
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#839608 added January 26, 2015 at 9:24pm
Restrictions: None
Television Overload
         I spend way too much time watching television. I love the show "Grimm". Who knew that I would ever be enthralled by humans who turn into creatures, or would watch bloody scenes, etc. But I have gotten caught up in it, and like the characters. I don't stay home to watch it, but if I am home, I will drop everything for it.

         I used to be that way about "M.A.S.H." and "Soap". With "Soap", I hated missing it, but I would go out for other things, and think about it while I was with friends. So I guess I've always had a tendency to really like one TV show above others. For years as a young adult, I didn't own a TV and was proud of it. But when I moved into a situation where I did have TV access, I discovered "M.A.S.H." reruns and fell in love with that just before the original went off the air.

         The difference is now I watch TV more than ever. Monday through Saturday, if I'm home, I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. I don't always stay awake for all of the shows. My evening nap to the "think" music prepares me for a sedentary evening, mixed with some stretching. The middle of the week I'm usually out, and I don't mind missing these repetitive shows at all. But I have to watch decades old reruns of The Virginian. Don't try to talk to me when it's on.

         Tonight was a bad TV night, so I cleaned and read. I will watch PBS Great Performances occasionally. I like The Middle, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, and Last Man Standing. But they don't stop me from going shopping or going to the theater. I frequently tolerate other shows out of laziness. And that's too much TV, even if I get up and do calisthenics while watching.

         I don't watch award shows, sports, or infomercials. I do watch a lot of old movies, including black and white. Still I think I know too much pop culture for someone my age. I need to get away from the set more.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839608-Television-Overload