*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840040-This-ones-about-the-blog-o-thon
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#840040 added February 1, 2015 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the blog-o-thon.
Banner or header for 30DBC


Hey everyone! I'm back...hard to believe I haven't written a blog entry yet in 2015, but I've got a good excuse. See, this year hasn't been good to me so far. Among other things, my laptop crashed...and typing on my tablet kinda sucks. I'm determined to get by though until I can fix it (I think, fingers crossed, it's just the fan), but it's not the easiest thing in the world to do, fo' sho'. Also, I've been hosting this thing called the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, which has compromised a little of my time. But February is an unofficial month there, and I've turned the reigns over to my man Brother Nature , so I'm down for whatever he's got in mind for the next four weeks. I smell chicanery...or maybe that's just Andre The Blog Monkey's leftover banana peels starting to rot. *Smirk*

Our prompt for today includes talking about our enthusiasm level for participation, along with recruiting others to accompany us on our journey. Well, I'm here, and I don't like being involved in something unless I'm all in. So I'm throwing down the gauntlet...either you're with me or you're against me, and nothing's gonna get in my way of trying to win this thing. And while I hate talking about myself or boasting, I can assure you that I'm very qualified for this type of contest. Read any of my award-winning blogs...I'm a three-time winner of the 30DBC and an editor for the Blogging Bliss newsletter, as well as a longtime ambassador of the blogging community here at WDC.

I'd like to take this moment to encourage anyone who hasn't already signed up for this experience to do so now in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS forum...and drop my name if you do and plan to be a part of the winning team. I don't know how the teams will be divided, but I assume that if your preference is to be on my team, we'll try to make that happen. But I must specify that while I'm running the official months of the 30DBC, this month's (and future unofficial months') challenges are all Joel's. This is his baby. Don't expect me to influence any more than me bangin' out my entries and doin' what I do.

So come on y'all! Let's have some fun while the weather's still nasty outside (at least it is here). Bring your A game and let's see what you got. You'll meet a lot of good people, you'll expand your audience, and maybe you'll even become a better blogger in the process.

** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **


I'm also taking part in "The Soundtrack of Your Life this month as well...I'm a music nerd and this is the premiere event of the year for us Soundtrackers. lizco252 does a fantastic job with these activities, and it's fun hearing what other members are listening to and how it shapes them.

Today's selection is from The Beatles, called "Don't Let Me Down". Having a favorite Beatles song is like...I don't know, having a favorite kid? I don't have kids, and there are more great Beatles songs than there are great kids anyone could have, so maybe that's a bad way of putting it. I'll say it like this...this song to me is in the Top 5 all-time of Beatles songs. Simple but meaningful lyrics, the harmony, and Billy Preston's work on the keys...they all make this worthy. Lyrically, it's who I am when I begin a relationship- any kind of relationship, be it romantic, friendly, or business- I feel like someone else will let me down before I let them down (and I don't mean that in a pompous sort of way; lord knows I've done my share of disappointing in the past). I'm at times optimistic to a fault when it comes to committing to my beliefs...and I'm not optimistic at all by nature anymore, so when you get my vote of confidence you know I'm serious. Even though this song tries to recapture the innocence of early Beatles tunes, there's a depth and maturity to the sound...a band falling apart internally, but still managing to create beauty and inspire.


"It's a love that lasts forever.
It's a love that has no past."
Lyrics.  


For the blog.


*Football* Today's the big day...Super Bowl Sunday. I won't be watching, because I don't own a TV and the website I used to use to watch stuff online was shut down as of Jan. 1st. I don't care for either team, but I hate New England more (being a Bills fan), so I guess I'm just hoping it's a good game and I'm sad that football season is over. If you're unsure of who to root for or just don't care enough about football, here's a guide   that will at least give you something to talk about if you're going to a party to watch the game.

I think that's all I've got for you today. I guess doing this on a tablet as opposed to a laptop wasn't so bad...we'll see though once I have to edit. Peace, yes she does, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2015 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840040-This-ones-about-the-blog-o-thon