*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840133-Happy-Groundhogs-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2011330
This blog will highlight insights from my odd and somewhat weird life.
#840133 added February 2, 2015 at 8:31am
Restrictions: None
Happy Groundhog's Day
Blog Prompt for February 2, 2015: Do They Know it's Groundhog Day? Does your part of the world have such a weather related tradition? Are there any weather related traditions (actual or completely bogus) you observe? Tell us about the weather conditions in your part of the world.





Happy Groundhog's Day (a/k/a St. Swiggins Day). In my college days we really celebrated this day in style with song, dance and a glass of the preferred alcoholic beverage of choice. We never overdid it, could not afford to lose any brain cells, but it was fun. Now? It is just another day. I am thankful thankful that I have a job to go to with the strength and stamina to do, not to mention the smarts to be indispensable (yes, I make sure of that.)





The weather int he Midwest is one of digging themselves out of a blizzard. As for me, I was far enough north to miss the brunt of it. It is 28 degrees fahrenheit and sunny. Whoot.





For my regular fan club, I am in the blog challenge for February. I am sure someone will tell me whether it is okay or not to include the blog prompt in the text. In the meantime, you get to giggle as I stumble-step through this learning curve.

© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840133-Happy-Groundhogs-Day