*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840392-Ballet-Tickets---SQUEEEE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rayyna
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2012444
A blog tracking my journey as a writer.
#840392 added February 4, 2015 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Ballet Tickets - SQUEEEE!
Week 59 / Prompt 2 - Tell us about something or someone that made you happy recently.

My birthday is not for a month and a half, but my boyfriend just surprised me with a super super awesome birthday gift. The week of my birthday he is taking me to the Ballet!!!

I used to dance when I was a youth. I did ballet, tap and jazz for 12 years, starting when I was only three years old. I was really good at it too. But the main thing was, I enjoyed it. My first solo was as Tinkerbelle in a Peter Pan production. I was.. I don't know.. eight? I was really young. I got many more solos over the years, too, because I was often at the top of my class.

I loved ballet and jazz. I could do tap, and I was good at it -- I even did a Mother-daughter tap dance once with my mom -- but it was not my favorite. I think Ballet was my favorite. Or maybe jazz. Jazz was nice because it had way less rules than ballet. You could really do a lot more with it. I only brushed contemporary dance, though I did enjoy what little I did. My school just didn't focus on it.

Ms. Suzi, the dance instructor, was well loved by all of her students. I remember the parties at her house after the yearly recitals. They were always full of such love. And the christmas parties she held at the studio were always a blast. Everyone from all her age groups would show up for that. And eventually someone would put on "Sleigh Ride" which we'd all learned a specific dance to. And we would fill the dance floor as everyone got on the floor, all ages, and did the same dance together. It was a blast.

My ex never had any interest in going to the ballet. He would never even think of buying tickets so I could go. They would likely have been out of our budget anyway. But it wouldn't have occurred to him to buy tickets to a Ballet, and then plan to go with me to see it. But Collin came up with the idea All On His Own, asked me if I'd like to go, bought tickets, and is excited to go (if only because I'm so excited to go), and is GOING to go with me! 

I've found myself a keeper.

© Copyright 2015 Rayyna (UN: rayyna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rayyna has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840392-Ballet-Tickets---SQUEEEE