*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840609-Guess-This-TV-Show-from-Its-Elements
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#840609 added February 6, 2015 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Guess This TV Show from Its Elements
Make a list of 15 things/elements of your favorite television program and place them in italics in your blog as part of your conversation with us. Don't tell us the name of the show but you can include locations, common phrases used in the show. Let's see how many of us can guess correctly. Kind of like playing charades but blog style.

==========================


1. High Ideals
“What does winning look like to you?”
“…Civility, respect and a return to what's important; the death of bitchiness; the death of gossip and voyeurism; speaking truth to stupid. No demographic sweet spot; a place where we can all come together.”

2. Great Characterization
Almost all characters are strong in their beliefs and stances.

3. Dialogue : The banter can be bright and flirtatious, but often the sense of self-importance in everyone’s words can make the dialogue feel like a tricky sermon.
“-- They're very young out there.
-- I know. But what they lack in experience, they make up for in inexperience.”

4. Complicated love stories that end up as logic would dictate.

5. The clash between courage and gutlessness.

6. Empathy and sympathy by the characters for each other and all people

7. The main character considers himself as if belonging to a political party, but his ideals and actions totally fit the opposite party. (Like most of us *Laugh* )

8. Friendship among the characters: an ongoing love of camaraderie in difficult times even between supposed rivals

9. Relationship between men and women.
-- “Now you seem lonely and broken to me.
-- I do?
-- But don't worry I can fix you.
-- Well, if there's one thing a man likes it's a woman who tries to fix him.”

10. Women, in general, are shown as more complicated than men (except for the male lead) but they all are contemporary role models.

11. Women trying to balancing parental, domestic, emotional, and professional lives, sometimes failing but mostly winning.

12. Respect for one’s profession, for women or men

13. Respect for the truth to come out versus preserving the peace and status quo

14. Illustrating how society can change or can be manipulated

15. The conflict and contrast between talking heads giving spin to the truth or telling it as is.




© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840609-Guess-This-TV-Show-from-Its-Elements