*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840714-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#840714 added February 7, 2015 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I don't know if anyone follows these ramblings or not, but if so, sorry for the shock of having this in so soon. Isn't it amazing that once in a while I can actually get in here during daylight hours? Of course, I do have other things I should be doing, but I wanted to log in and spend a few minutes before I start the rest. Especially since I don't know how much time I will need, and if I will get another chance to log in, or not.

I have to do an annual review for a guy, and as bad as it sounds, this is the worst review I have had to write. And, that's being on the generous side of things, I could have been even more negative. Of course, I always try and give a good review, focusing on as much positive as I can. I always claim to get more bees with honey than vinegar. But, in this individual's case, it was very difficult to find any area that I could rate higher than average. It was, easy, however, to find a lot of places to rate him below average.

I don't like giving this kind of evaluation, but it's not my choice. I have to call it like it is, and if I can find positive reinforcements, I'll sure do it. Even if I have to list negatives, I try and do it in a manner that at least sounds like their trying. In this case, that wasn't possible. The individual has already gotten one verbal warning, and four written warnings in less than twelve months. By company policy, he should have been terminated  at the third written warning. Instead, I gave the guy another chance, which he managed to mess up about thirty days later. Instead of terminating him with the last corrective action, I spoke to his dad, whom I've known for about three years, and told him I would not have any other choice but to terminate the kid if he messes up again. That was two weeks ago and his final warning. Now, it's time to do his yearly evaluation, and I have to try and find something good. Only, there is very little he is doing well, except for messing up.

I also have to write up a verbal warning and go over it with the person who was late on Wednesday. His alarm didn't go off, but since it's his first offence, I'm just going to do a verbal warning and go over some alternatives to see if we can prevent this from happening again.

I know, a wonderful way to spend the afternoon after work. Especially when it's so nice outside. Sunshine, very little wind, and a balmy fifty degrees. Depending on where you are, fifty may not sound to balmy, but for us, it's balmy as hell, trust me. In fact less than a week ago it was sixty degrees colder, and with a wind blowing at gusts of fifty miles per hour, there is damn near a hundred-degree temperature difference. Of course, by tonight, it will likely be freezing rain, and Rhonda will have icy roads to drive in the morning. Hopefully not, but it's very likely.

Well, that's my day in a nutshell. Now, if I can get stuff done fast enough, I may get back in here.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840714-Saturday