*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840987
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#840987 added February 10, 2015 at 1:58am
Restrictions: None
Tippy Toeing By: The Harden Trio
Tippy Toeing By: The Harden Trio

A country music song.The Harden Trio had a hit song: Tippy Toeing. Bobby Harden wrote it for his baby sister who was 18 years younger then him. She was a baby and he still lived at home but married a year or so later. He and his family lived in Smyrna, Tennessee and I lived there with my parents when Dad was in the Air Force. Bobby and his wife Eva were our neighbors. I baby sitted his boys and they were active to say the least. Bobby had a song: "Don't Drive Me." I just remember the song saying: "Don't drive me crazy or you will drive me away." The song only played on the Nashville Radio Station for 3 weeks and that was it.

Tippy Toeing. Here are some of the lines.

"Mommy and Daddy tippy toeing through the house. Got to see what's the matter with the baby.
It's been a bawling and squalling and kicking on the wall.
I guess it's dropped it's little baby, maybe.

Momma rock the baby. Daddy rock a little, too.
At least it's a sleeping a little baby."

This was a cute song. Bobby was so nice. His sister Arlene tried her hand at singing but her songs didn't go too far. I had the album of "Tippy Toeing" By: The Harden Trio. It was a gift from Bobby. Bobby and his wife moved to Nashville and we moved backed to Indiana and to Arkansas. I read on line that Bobby and Arlene sang back up for George Strait. Sadly, Bobby died of a heart attack a few years ago. Bobby signed my autograph book as a friend. This really means a lot.He and his sisters sang on "The Porter Wagner Show." I will always be glad that I knew Bobby personally.

** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840987