*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841067-Wenesday-February-11th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2029789
A book of postings made in my Blog City
#841067 added February 11, 2015 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Wenesday February 11th
It was a dark and stormy night. What happened?


The sky was black and starless, even the dull quarter moon was barely visable. The rain thundered down to the ground like iron curtains, rumbling the earth to its core and narrowing line of sight to only an arms length at best. The forest floor evolving into an Olympic deep pool before his eyes. Trever uses his 9 volt flashlight desperately looking for a hint of possible shelter as he spotted the large tree with a full conapey of foliage.

He scurries under the tree, shutters his whole body to shed what he can of the ocean that flowing over his body. Trevor notices the ground immediately surrounding the roots is merely moist . He sits with his back up aginst the trunk, his knees pulled all the up to his chin utilizing the in an attempt to maximum his shutter from elements.

Trevor examines the contents of his emerancy bag which was the only thing he was able to rescue from his mobile office as it sunk into the aybis that was once know as the frontage road. He found 3 long matches sealed in a water tight pouch with an emerancy blanket, 2 flares, a bottle of water and the bag its self was made of burlap.

He figured he was set he could just wait out the storm . He tucked everything back in the bag determined to make his few supplies get him though the night. Unfortunately as nature often will, things got worse before there was any sight of getting better.

The wind visits starting as a slight whisper adding just enough misture to sooth the stacic in the air. Quickly entinsified to riddle the iron water curtains full of wholes and simulating a pack of wolves celebrating a good hunt. He dips into his pouch which is although given how completely drentched it was stringing clay toco would be more accerate. He discovered the only things useable were inside the water tight pouch.

He wrapped the blanket over his body and attempts to start a small fire for warmth. Trevor pulls out the matches to light some of the sticks laying around, he was teased as the storm would only allow 1 stay lit but even the debre laying around was too wet to catch fire.

All he could do was sit out the dark stormy night, sitting atop of the hill, curled up under the large wrapped in a reflective blanket hoping it ends soon.

Taz

Embracing & Feeding the writing addiction

© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841067-Wenesday-February-11th