*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841411-Degrees-Of-Learning
by Meesh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2030240
Musings whilst trying to find the creative way
#841411 added February 14, 2015 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Degrees Of Learning
Such a lazy Saturday.  We don't buy into the whole Valentines Day thing in our  house, we love each other 365 days a year and tell each other everyday.  My husband is out with his band again this evening, I hope he enjoys it, a new venue and a new audience.  My daughter is with my parents preparing to go and do some archaological 'stuff' tomorrow.  I am at home with my animals, a glass of wine and my writing. 


I'm doing some exercises in my book at the moment, just playing with ideas and words, finding random and unusual titles to work with and writing very short four page or half hour pieces.  It's a fun thing, but I must remind myself to avoid paranormal fiction when I'm home alone, a little jumpy to say the least.


This past week I have made the decision to step away from my business as I continue to heal from an arduous journey through the veil of cancer and transplant.  I seem to think I am super woman sometimes and try to step back into my life as was.  The truth is it felt like trying to slot a square peg into a round hole and just wasn't working out.  It takes very little to tire me to the point of exhaustion, even three years after my treatment ended.  Writing is good for me. 


I seem to write best in the evening when the house has relaxed and everyone is chilled out and quiet.  I also have a little summerhouse that I have decked out to be a writing space and as soon as the winter releases it's grip I will be in there every day.





It usually goes that when I decide to try something new and have a change of direction that things materialise to aid that journey.  I was offered the opportunity to take up an Open Univeristy BA Hons degree in English Literature and Creative Writing.  It is part time over six years, which is a good pace for me and as I am now disabled I can get the coursework printed out so I can read it easliy.  I sometimes struggle with reading from a screen, words leapt around try their best to confuse me; I like to have written text whenever possible.  I'm more than just a little excited about this, September is a long way off!






© Copyright 2015 Meesh (UN: michmil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Meesh has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841411-Degrees-Of-Learning