*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841496-Freaked-out-14th
by Meesh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2030240
Musings whilst trying to find the creative way
#841496 added February 15, 2015 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Freaked out 14th
Last night I was home alone, so I thought I would try out some writing exercises whilst curled up in front of the fire.  I found an exercise where i had to choose one word from each of two lists randomly then use those as a working title.  Crimson and History.


Why is it then, that when I am alone, in a remote cottage on a wild moorland with no one but a a dog and two cats for company, that I choose to write a paranormal story.  That in itself wouldn't normally spook me, I'm not easily spooked, usually!  Last night however the pictures that were forming in my head brought out some pretty intense feelings about being alone, in an old house, and by the end of four pages I was more than a little jumpy.


Rule number one.  If you are in this position write about cute kittens and pom poms.


Rule number two.  Never try to fix it with wine.  It amplifies the fear!


Rule number three.  Expect the husband to laugh at you when he gets home at 2am and you are wrapped up in the duvet with the dog and cats and all the lights on!






© Copyright 2015 Meesh (UN: michmil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Meesh has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841496-Freaked-out-14th