*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843005-Household-memories
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#843005 added March 2, 2015 at 1:55am
Restrictions: None
Household memories
Recently I conversed with my sister Melisa. We agreed that since mom's death we have all been dead to each other as if we are in our own worlds. She was going through a real bad time and needed some to confide in. We have had little contact since before Christmas. On interesting conversation involved how one only family powwows was about selling mom's house. Lori took it upon herself to see that this happened. That house holds all kinds of memories. The house has been their for almost sixty years containing memories that will soon have a for sale sign on the house.

There is really not much choice according to my sister Lori. They are clamoring for money that none of can access, but her of all persons, so she has decided we need to sell or just dump it.

I can not help think of the bible passage that talks about us being temples of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is housed inside us. Yet in the way I am seeing it if the cost is too high we can sell out. I pray that this is not what is happening. I think to myself how would mom handle something like this if she were alive. I tend to think she would help us to process and talk about the decision and put us in a position where we were making a mutual decision. Maybe it will all come out alright. "Grief sucks" is what my younger sister Missie texted me. I think if we do not find a healthy way to let go we are caught forever holding on to something that is not ours to hold.
*Silent*

Invite me over to the place you call home. I will be glad to come and visit!!!!
*Delight*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843005-Household-memories