*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843301-Opening-a-Door-to-Stayin-Alive
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#843301 added March 5, 2015 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Opening a Door to "Stayin' Alive!"
Two prompts! Let me see if I can unite them…

Princess Megan Rose 22 Years ’s Prompt: You are having a nightmare. You chose a door and open it. What adventure do you have?

Charlie ~ ’s Prompt: What is your go-to party song? What song would you play to hype people up? Include a link, embed a youtube video, or just give the song title and who it's by.


===============

My pillow was smooched under my head, and the bed sheets were choking me. First, I thought I was dreaming, but was I?

Something had knocked me down unconscious, and when I opened my eyes, I found myself all tied up and unable to move. Rather than feeling victimized, I felt extreme rage.

"Calm down!" someone ordered. “You’ll be free if you choose a door.”

“Any door is better than this,” I said.

“You are a risk-taker, aren't you!”

In a blink, I was free of my bindings and was running toward a wall with several doors on it.

I rushed to open a gold-plated door, but something inside me warned against it. So I skipped sideways and chose a regular door painted in white, like one of the doors in my actual house. When I opened the door, I entered into a dark place.

Something hissed. Something rustled. I felt fingers grabbing at my skirt.

Hesitant, I moved back and stepped almost out of the door, but all of a sudden, bright lights blinded me as several people jumped up, yelling, “Surprise!”

When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw all my friends and family and sensed that a party was on for me; although, no one told me the reason for it.

Then the music started playing. I heard the vocals of Saturday Night Fever. 'Stayin’ alive; Stayin’ alive!'

“Very nice!” I said, beaming. “But let’s give this party more feeling. How about 'What a Feeling'?"

And the party rolled on...

All this might have been just a dream, but something needs to be said about dreams. After all, I’m still staying alive, and what a feeling!





© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843301-Opening-a-Door-to-Stayin-Alive