*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843641-daylight-savings-event
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#843641 added March 9, 2015 at 3:46am
Restrictions: None
daylight savings event
Wildcard Monday!





Saturday night parts of the world had to set their clocks ahead one hour to account for Daylight Savings Time. Did you have to, and if so, did it affect you at all? According to this link (http://www.weather.com/health/news/daylight-saving-time-spring-forward-health-ef...) researchers think the switch to DST every year impacts our health. What do you think?








In Alaska we do use day light savings, so I did need to adjust my clocks. I look forward to it every year! While I have idea if affects general public health or not, I know it is needed for my own personal mental well being.


For me it starts spring. We get to indulge in the nicer side of life all the way to until fall. Yes, I know it is a mind game but I start getting excited every February. By the time the Valentine rush is gone, it is time for Day Light Savings.


When I was young with a house full of children all on different schedules and me on yet another schedule we actually did a family gathering/party.


I would have tons of finger foods and we all played games that added 1 extra unearned point, invited all those that provide rides, childcare or any type of schedule aid to the kids and made a full night out of it.


The point was to ensure that everyone did in fact have their clocks set to the new time so no one was late. It was another way of keeping in touch with all my kids while trying to ensure our lives ran smoothly and teaching the kids without them realizing they were even leaning and didn't cost much which was huge for me in those days.


It actually caught on at alarming rates; co-workers started having "fun time" , other family members had "Spring steps" the kids even kept it alive with their own families by having their own "theme night".


In fact even though it has been about 3 years sense I did a daylight savings night, I still get calls/text every year asking if I am having a time night. :)


Apparently it helped everyone I knew shake off the winter blues and cabin fever and get primed for all the spring fun before them.


This year I got calls on tips and how to so people I know in the town I moved out of could continue it.


Ever notice how even the silly pointless stuff give you sense of joy? It really isn't important, but it made such an impact that other people want to keep it going. How is that for a complement ?




© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843641-daylight-savings-event