*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843932-Day-12--30dbc-and-BC
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#843932 added March 12, 2015 at 3:59pm
Restrictions: None
Day 12: 30dbc and BC
30DBC Prompt: According to this article (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/02/america-war-93-time-222-239-years-since-1...), the United States has been "at war" approximately 93% of its entire existence. Does war solve anything?


I don’t know if that 93% is accurate. I think people will say anything to get a reaction and that numbers can be skewed to whatever point you want to prove. Numbers don’t lie, but people sure know how to manipulate them. To answer the question: When asked, most men and women say they fought the war because “it was the right thing to do”. And it was the right thing to do. Evil is alive and well in this world. If good people sit back and do nothing, then evil flourishes. QED with the present state of affairs. Good people are not going to sit back and let evil flourish.








BC Prompt: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift from God which is why we call it the present. Bill Keane Do you agree with this? What does tomorrow mean to you?


I got good feedback on a story I submitted to a contest. The comment was “more, more, more. Give us more.” Little did they know that there was no way to answer all the questions raised by lengthening the short story. The only way to answer those questions was to write a chapter book. I have never written a chapter book, but now the challenge has issued. I accept. The story is unfolding slowly and relentlessly. It is fun. My mystery is learning the value of an outline, a timeline, world building and a chart of characters.
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843932-Day-12--30dbc-and-BC