*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844579-Have-Bugs-No-Travel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#844579 added March 20, 2015 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Have Bugs No Travel
The Sunday visit I anticipated from family and grand monsters didn't happen after all. A shame in some ways as it was Mothering Sunday here and I didn't get the chance to be spoiled. I suspect that would only happen in my dreams anyway.

The week previously the children had been passing a nasty throat virus between them, resulting in both the older ones being away from school on different days. Saturday night Bobby was awake most of the night and had a temperature so it was considered best they stay at home for the Sunday. Besides which I too had some sort of throat and sinus infection so didn't feel very lively or like straying far.

The children returned to school last Monday, but on Tuesday Paul had to fetch Angel home again as she'd started with a temperature. We await with baited breath to see if they'll be well enough to visit this coming weekend. I haven't seen or heard from Mey Ling in over there weeks now, so am contemplating if I'm in her bad books for some obscure reason or if she's already mentally in Cambodia and we are forgotten. People ask if we're sure she'll return from her visit, but I'm pretty certain she wouldn't desert her two other children though I suspect she'll return in a strop.

Hubby is still clacking around on his crutches and may have increased in speed slightly, but it's still not enabling him to tackle much on the home front. I did broach the subject of moving to a smaller, more manageable property somewhere more pleasant, but he refuses to entertain the location I would prefer so it's stalemate yet again.

Our friends are counting down the weeks until they board the QM2 and head for Arizona and I can't fault them, but it makes me sad we won't be joining them and it seems unlikely we will do again. Hubby doesn't enjoy the boat trip and would only consider flying to visit the USA again. Unless he sprouts wings or goes it alone that's not going to happen as I do not want to spend eight hours in a tin can and suffer from jet lag. I can be stubborn too. *Pthb*

So it's been a week of little movement beyond the supermarket and local activities. I'm not one to complain *Rolleyes* but this underwhelming lifestyle does tend to get a bit monotonous. The weather is hardly spring like and our grey skies I find most depressing. They did shift a little this morning to see part of the solar eclipse, but it was hardly sensational.

Oh well...ho hum...there's a lot worse off and I guess I just have to be grateful to still be here and functioning at some level. It's the last week of the writing course next week and the assignment for homework is to write a biography of a fictional film character.

My thoughts turned immediately to Scarlett O' Hara of course, but I've settled on Shirley Valentine as I relate to her life and thoughts so much. A shame I can't escape to Greece however.



© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844579-Have-Bugs-No-Travel