*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844611-The-Tennis-Lesson
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#844611 added March 21, 2015 at 1:12am
Restrictions: None
The Tennis Lesson
My children have grown up. Maybe they grew up too fast. My son Tim called me up to play tennis. He will shortly be 28 years old. I can recall the many times we would hit the ball over the net. There are a lot of fond memories. He went on to play number one singles in high school and I sat on the sidelines proud as any dad could be.

Today would be his turn to gleam. It was our first match together. I had the worst time getting my serve in and he on the other hand was getting all his serves in. He prides himself on his spins and making me run. Man, did I run?

I lasted two sets, which was a whole lot better than last year. The soreness I feel at this moment reminds me that I was on the short end of a 6-3,6-2 loss. Near the end it was starting to even out a little, but it was too little too late. At one point he hit one of his dink shots and I raced into the net. I made the shot, but it made no difference. Tim laughed. My eye brows were sweating profusely and at one point one of his serves hit me in the head.

Do you get the picture?
Today I got a tennis lesson and I have a tired achy body to prove it!
*Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844611-The-Tennis-Lesson