*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845109-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#845109 added March 27, 2015 at 4:17pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Not much time to write in here at the present. But, I am going to take a few minutes and get a little written down, then I have to go do a Bible study, and if there is time left after that, I may get back in here for a little while. I likely won't get much done except my mail, but I guess that's better than nothing at all.

I missed out on my entry yesterday. I got home from work late, because we were training a new guard. I had to finish up paperwork and fax everything to the office, but needed to wait until the new guy had time to finish it all. So, I went to the mall and got myself a new pair of boots first. After, I came home and ate a little lunch, did my Bible study, then went upstairs and took a short nap. Rhonda woke me when she called after work, which was the plan.

I had been getting little sleep, and putting in a lot of time working form home. I have my regular duties at work, and have to do the supervisory parts after work, and off the clock. the last few weeks it's included interviews, hire paperwork, and a lot of extra running. We hired a new person last week, but she quit after one, four hour training session.

So, this week it started all over. I interviewed, found a person who was very motivated to get started, and had him set to start training yesterday. He was a lot of work, because he has a son in the military who is coming home in April for a week or two. I had to schedule around this time frame so he could spend the time with his son.

But, on Wednesday, my only day off this week, he called at about nine and needed to change everything. I wrote down the information, and then after Rhonda left for work, I did the schedule over again. Only this time it was a bit difficult because we would be working during some double coverage. But I did find a way to do it and still give him this time off. By now, it was time for Rhonda to come home, so I shut things down and planned on enjoying a nice evening together. We each only get one day off each week now, and it's never on the same day, so this is our time for each other,

Only, right when I was going to shut things down and relax, he called and had to change things again. In the end, I spent half of my day off working. I was not a happy camper, but I told myself that it would work itself out by having him working and having more time for us to spend together. Sure, we still needed one more person, but at least we would have a little more time together.

Well, he started training yesterday, and did well. He liked the job, was motivated, and doing well. I got home kicked back and ate lunch, did a Bible study, and took a nap. I wanted to get a little rest so I could have an enjoyable evening with my wife. But right in the middle of it, this guy calls again. We're talking about eight-thirty at night. Rhonda took the call and then informed me he had quit. Another person who worked one, four hour day. His reasoning was different, but still, only one day; four hours?

the first gal quit for another job. I can understand that, but it kind of bummed me out after I put so much of my own time, off the clock into getting her hired and started training. So, when this guy came along, filled with positive sight and eager to start, I got a bit excited. I put in four hours setting a schedule up that worked for him, since his kid was coming home to visit, and I put in about three hours talking to him adn filling out hire paperwork. I wanted to make sure he understood what the job was and how things were going to be set up.

So, when he quit after four hours of training, I was shocked. I had talked to him at the start of his training, about an hour into it, and he was feeling pretty good about everything. Rhonda said he was doing great, and everything was looking good. After Rhonda got home from work, I asked how the rest of his training went. She told me he was doing great, and very self motivated. It was looking good.

This got me to relax a bit more than I have in quite some time, and we were just getting into a very relaxing and enjoyable evening, when the phone rang. It was him, again. I figured he needed to change the schedule again, and was getting a bit frustrated. Rhonda talked to him, and after she hung up, told me he had quit. His reason -- he didn't want to pay for his uniforms.  He would not owrk for a company that requires him to pay to work, is how he explained it to me, today. He thinks that by having to purchase uniforms, he is paying to work.

Now, I get to do this all over again next week. I have an interview on Tuesday, and hope to hell this guy is serious about wanting to work. I have to do this all on my time, after work, and off the clock, again. Also, it will burn up a lot of my free time, be stressful, and after losing the last two, kind of depressing. I can't help think that this will be the third straight week that I have donated my time just ot have someone lie to me about what they want, what they have to offer, and especially about wanting a job.

Okay, I'm done venting..,

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845109-Friday