*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846083-THE-FIRE-BRINGERS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#846083 added April 7, 2015 at 7:57am
Restrictions: None
THE FIRE BRINGERS
Blog City Prompt: “The blazing fire makes flames and brightness out of everything thrown into it.” Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
What do you think about this quote? Do you keep a blazing fire when it comes to your writing?


The concept of ‘everything thrown into it’ is part of the early creative process and the idea of Brain Storming as a technique. Once a direction and plan is determined, the creativity focuses in and a lot of not usable stuff is thrown out.

To be more specific, I use visual diagrams--that would be the fire.

I surround the central event or character with every element, other characters, anything and everything that could be within their POV or ultimately have an effect--that would be the fuel.

Then I guess that I stare into the fire looking for connections, influences, logical choices, dangers, conflicts--anything to shape the moment in the story. When it begins to make sense, the fire burns very bright.

After that exercise, I know everything that exists for that moment and I can create a sequence and write it down. The characters almost write themselves, and sometimes they say and do the most surprising things.

The entire process of story-telling in a novel is strange and wonderful. I don’t think a hard formula can be applied. Working in theater and film helped me learn about timing and visualization.

The mind is a visual machine...way beyond language.

Write on you fire bringers! >>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small 



© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846083-THE-FIRE-BRINGERS