*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846483-National-Parks
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#846483 added April 10, 2015 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
National Parks
Prompt: Here in the states, one week in April it is free to visit to National Parks. What do you think you would see at a National Park that you would not see in your local woods? They advertise that the images you see in a National Park you will remember for a lifetime. Do you think this is true or false?

------------

I am not really all that much into National Parks. I understand visitors may mean money for their upkeep, but this also works against the reason for their existence, as they are made for conservation purposes. I don’t see them as public parks for giving pleasure to vast populations. Having said that, I am glad they exist because I believe in the safekeeping of the earth’s resources and wild life. Despite my objection to too many visitors to such places, I have to add that I didn’t stay away from visiting a few National Parks, but only because we were with a tour as a group and I couldn’t tear myself apart. I never packed up and headed the way of a National Park for my personal enjoyment.

It might be true that images one can see in a National Park will be remembered for a lifetime, such as the Muir Woods and the Redwood Forest that I can’t forget, and will always remember because one of my loves in this earth is the trees. I also feel bad for what people are doing to the rain forests in South America and to other riches of the earth in other countries. Considering this, we might as well be the best in the business when it comes to National Parks and care for the natural environment. Still, I think more caution and fewer visitors are needed in the upkeep of all preserves and National Parks.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846483-National-Parks