*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846616-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#846616 added April 11, 2015 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I went and let it get kind of late again, so I won't be writing much. Not that I had much choice, work tends to get in the way quite often. But, as long as everyday isn't as long as this one was. Not that it was a bad day, just a long and tiring one.

See, I haven't been getting enough sleep for a long, long time. The result is my body being programmed to wake after so many hours, and now I'm trying to reprogram my body clock. I've been so tired, and feeling burned out, that I'm not getting anything done. So, we have started trying to get to bed earlier, since sleeping later isn't a choice. But, the schedule changed at work and kind of messed it all up. Now we are back to the start, on day three of getting to bed a bit earlier each night.

The problem is, I still wake up after my programmed amount of sleep. At first, it was waking a half hour before the alarm, and not getting back to sleep. I didn't help solve this problem by taking a nap in the afternoon, but I was so tired, I was falling asleep at the computer. Last night we managed to get to bed an hour earlier than normal, and I was awake an hour before the alarm. That had me awake at two this morning, and I could have slept till three. Yep, a long day.

Tomorrow, I get to sleep in until five in the morning, so I don't want to nap, and I don't want to go to bed too early, but I'm hoping I will sleep through to the alarm since I'm so tired today. I know if I manage to sleep through, I will have broken the cycle, and that means better sleep, and more of it. That means more productive most days of the week.

Of course, we need to get at least one person, preferably two, hired and trained in so I can get a couple of days off each week. But for now, even working seven days a week, I'm home early and can get quite a lot done most days, if I'm not falling asleep in my chair. Weekends are the worst right now, and soon it will be Friday through Monday as the long days. Once we have more help, I can shorten some of them, but right now they are ten to twelve hours long.

That's why I didn't log in sooner, I didn't get home until four this afternoon, then it was time to make dinner, eat, and then just relax a little. Hopefully tomorrow isn't as busy and I can leave a little earlier. Then, Tuesday through Thursday, I have very short days, and if I'm not so tired out I can't stay awake, I can get a lot done; hopefully, in here.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846616-Saturday