*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847258-Trip-18--The-Value-of-Anything
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#847258 added April 18, 2015 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
Trip 18: The Value of Anything
Prompt: It’s shopping time! Where are we and what are we buying? You always have enough local currency to pay for the usual touristy stuff. I wouldn’t try buying the Taj Mahal, though. There isn’t enough supplied money for something that expensive!





I usually do the fridge magnets and dish towels so that people think of me when they are doing their favorite things. The arid climates did not have fridge magnets, did not know what a fridge was. They looked at me like I was an odd one. The oceanic worlds did not need dish towels. The land of the centipede people had unusable clothing.


So now I have a fine collection of moss and stones instead. And pictures. Pictures are always good momentos. Who knows? Maybe this stuff will have some value so that we can trade them for something like spare parts for this magical ship we are on. Or maybe trade my strange rocks for an excursion somewhere. As I have found out, most planets look at my paper with numbers on it and roll their what-they-call eyes. They would rather have my precious-to-them stones instead.



© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847258-Trip-18--The-Value-of-Anything