*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847666-DEATH-BY-EATING-DIRT
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#847666 added April 22, 2015 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
DEATH BY EATING DIRT!
Today is Earth Day.  A little known fact about Earth Day -- Originally they were going to have it on April 23rd, but that day was already taken, my birthday, so they decided to make it April 22nd.  *Smirk*  I really like Earth Day.  It makes me think back to before there was an Earth Day and the earth was a better place.  More earth, less steel and concrete and garbage and people.  More animals and plants and species of all sorts. More cultures and more diversity and less homogeneity.  Back when I was a little boy and I could eat the earth, the dirt, without poisoning myself.  I was an environmentalist, then I became disgruntled.  Then I decided the way the space program was going I would be able to leave the earth and start out on a new planet, but then space exploration slowed to the point of almost non-existence, until I was almost too old.  So I have decided, for the earth and for future generations, I'm going to genetically engineer a virus which renders 90% of the population sterile!  (And yes!  I thought of it before Dan Brown!)  *Bigsmile*


If I could go anywhere for a writing retreat, (I assume this means to retreat somewhere in order to write, rather than go somewhere to retreat from writing.  *Confused* *Smirk* ), I guess I would go back to Dominica.  The project would be to write the story of my life.  No I wouldn't be able to finish it.  I would be dead before I could write the ending.  *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847666-DEATH-BY-EATING-DIRT