*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847861-Traveling-In-Time-And-Space-And-Season
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#847861 added April 24, 2015 at 9:49am
Restrictions: None
Traveling In Time And Space And Season!
I guess I don't think about anything different in the spring time than any other time of the year.  Primarily because I don't know what to call spring time.  For example:  This winter I was in Alaska, looking forward to spring,  salivating over the freshness of the spring to come, when my spring would unfreeze so I could get water without melting snow.  Then I flew to North Carolina and spring was well under way.  I was sweating and much too warm.  In June I'll be flying back to Alaska and spring will be well under way there.  *Confused* So I just think, whenever my brain is working, any old time of day and any old time of year.  Hmmmm, I wonder what time it is?


In Chaucer's time The written and spoken words were much different.  For all I know ears may have worked differently too.  All I know for sure is that I wouldn't be able to read what Chaucer wrote or understand what he said.  All of today's written and spoken language would be unintelligible to anyone from Chaucer's time, unless they were originally a time traveler.  Culture and language evolve much more rapidly than biology.


In the morning I'll be getting on a plane and flying to El Paso.  Renting a car and driving to Las Cruces.  Visiting Carlsbad Caverns NP and Guadalupe NP.  Then driving down to Terlingua.  Hiking and inspecting my 40 acres of desert property and hoping the flowers will be in bloom.  I will have internet connection here and there, but certainly not everywhere, So I might not be around much for the next week.

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847861-Traveling-In-Time-And-Space-And-Season