*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848745-A-LETTER
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#848745 added May 4, 2015 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
A LETTER
      A Letter Of Two Prompts


My Darling,

I crouch in this inferno thinking of you.  Dreaming of your love.  Dreaming of my love.  Dreaming of you.  I want so to be in your arms, to be whole again.  I see the dismembered bodies around me, the hearts ripped from the physical bodies, the emotional hearts ripped from the souls.  This war is now my life.  This is who I am.  I hear the shells screeching overhead, feel the shuddering earth as they explode nearby.  I must try so hard to acquit myself in a noble manner in this outrageous war, a war of great tragedy and foul corruption. I shouldn't allow myself to think of you, to dream my dreams of love - but I can't help myself.  I can't allow tragedy to swindle me out of time with you, even if the time is only in my imagination.  My mind rushes back to the summer when we were last together.  Sitting in the garden drinking wine from those fluted wine glasses.  Remember?  Oh my Darling!  My mind can't stay away from this heartless war!  The red of the wine has become blood spilling from the hearts around me.  Love and blood pouring from all the broken hearts.  I love you........

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848745-A-LETTER