*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850045-How-could-You
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#850045 added May 22, 2015 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
How could You!?
I had received a request from work. There was a dire need for a person to work four hours on the campus the same day that I did caregiving.

One the surface it seemed harmless enough. I called up the Allied Barton supervisor and told him I had an work obligation and yet maybe I could work something out.

I called my caregiver assignment and told them of my situation and they agreed that they were okay with me doing it. I gave them a time of fifteen minutes after four, which was reasonable since I got out of work at my Sprint Job at Four. I said over and over to the supervisor that I needed to get off at four. He said over and over "no problem". He promised to put it on all the pass downs. The person that would be following me at the special event site was reliable. Everything would be perfect!!

The day arrived and I was glad to help out my security guard people. As it got closer to time to leave I told people to be ready. I needed to get to my caregiver job on time. I was after all doing them a favor.

In a manner of speaking I got what I deserved. I called a few minutes before it was time to leave and they said they were on their way. They showed up about fifteen after four and I was late.

There were so many ramifications:
1. my client left home in her car in a huff. She was no where to be found for about fifteen minutes.
2. When we reconnected it was a sense of betrayal in the air. I later found out she had this same thing happen two days before and was exhausted, unable to get any sleep, due to a need to provide for her husband overnight.
3. In the course of rushing the job took twice as long to get done.
Was it worth it!!



© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850045-How-could-You