*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850273-APOLOGIZE-OR-NOT
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#850273 added May 26, 2015 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
APOLOGIZE OR NOT?
Blog City image small


Blog City Prompt: Some people apologize for everything, whether an apology is needed or not. When and under which conditions, do you think, an apology should be necessary?


It seems to me that the people who really should apologize, rarely do. Admitting a mistake and being responsible for their actions and behavior is not a concept they were brought up with. However understanding that, it is possible to forgive them without the apology, knowing that you will never trust them again, and move on.

I also notice that many people make excuses or blame something or someone for their mistake. So admitting a mistake is difficult, let alone ever getting to an apology.

Sad, in Belize we run into many young and older folks who cannot read. Their speaking is good, but written instructions are not understood although they pretend that they can read.  Many mistakes happen and people think they’re lazy or sloppy, but it is just a lack of education. Again they cannot admit this terrible lack.

For me it is rare to meet an insecure person who apologizes all the time.

What I do notice is all the disclaimers at the beginning of reviews. THAT IS NOT NECESSARY. If a reviewer is not sure about grammar or structure, don’t say more than maybe they should check an item. What is important are the reviewer’s personal reactions to the story or poem. And after reading, what their understanding is about the characters or story. For the writer, that information is very valuable. Especially it it’s a point that is not understood or confusing. Writers really need that information.

But apologizing before you review is very negative.  If it’s your reaction, stand by it. You should not be mean or sarcastic---just honest, and hope the opinion helps. You can give honest criticism and hopefully praise from your point of view. Also I use a dictionary and reference books on writing when I’m not sure.

WRITE ON! >>>iggy *Boat*
** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850273-APOLOGIZE-OR-NOT