*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851126-Rough-Week
by werden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1180282
My thoughts about life
#851126 added June 6, 2015 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
Rough Week
I had a really rough week last week. I had to prepare a tax return for the state of California last week at work. This return, normally, takes about a week to do. But now the state changed the tax rate half-way during the quarter and as a result I had to prepare in essence two returns instead of one.

So if it took me one week last time, one would assume this time it would take me two weeks. Except I don't have two weeks. See, I have returns for about five other states to do this month as well... about 25 or so returns in all. Granted none of them are nearly as big as California but still I don't have two weeks to spend on one state. Yet the company I work for is not interested in excuses or even reasons. They expect performance and results so I gave the results. I somehow condensed two weeks of work into one week. As a result I now feel exhausted and frazzled. And the work on my story has ground to a temporary halt.

That may not be a bad thing; however, because I saw a problem with one of the relationships in the story. At first I was treating this interaction as a mutual love interest, romantic, between the two characters but I now see the man loves the woman, romantically, but she doesn't return the romantic love. She loves him, as a dear friend, but not in the romantic sense. Her heart, in that sense, belongs to someone else... though he is not in a condition, at this point in the story, to return her love. This is fine but I am going to have to re-write many scenes which displayed their relationship in a completely different light.

That's okay, though. I can see that I'm going to have to re-write chunks of the story anyway.

© Copyright 2015 werden (UN: wseerden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
werden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851126-Rough-Week