*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851236-U30BC--Power-Walk
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#851236 added June 8, 2015 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
U30BC: Power Walk
The shoes make the difference. I put on the cool shoes today. They are little booties that look a bit like a round-tip cowboy boot, concave heel and all, but stop below the ankle. They fit nice and tight and I walk with a distinct strut when I have these on.


I looked in the mirror, everything is where it should be, so I grab my gear, and do my power walk to my car. Everything is in the trunk because I have heard too many horror stories about grab and go thieves. Once everything is tucked in the trunk, I caught something out of the corner of my eye and just want to bang my head against the trunk lid. Shoulder pads. On the outside.


So off I march back to the house so I can turn my shirt right side out. Have to keep up appearances, and running or sulking would call too much attention to my plight. I almost flipped it right there at the trunk, but the neighbors had the roofers out and I did not want to blind them.


It’s going to be a long day.


© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851236-U30BC--Power-Walk