*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851541-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#851541 added June 13, 2015 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I should be at work right now, since my shift starts at eleven today. However, we now have a new guy trained in and working to get more on the job training. Rhonda opened this morning, and I can either go in or stay home.

Of course it's not as easy as that, I would be relieving Rhonda so she can come home. It would also give me a chance to work with this new guy, and help get him ready for his own shift on Tuesday. I would have already gone in, but I'm not doing the best today. One big problem is my foot. The one I messed up a while back, that I thought was finally healing up. I went and over worked it two days ago, and I think I may have done more damage to the fractured area. Apparently, it wasn't healed well enough to handle the extra work load I put on it. I have one of those funky boots to wear on it, but my other foot has some problems, and it puts more strain on that one.

Also, I'm sick to my stomach. It started yesterday, and it hasn't gotten any better, maybe even worse. Things are staying down, but there is a lot of burning and pain. Rhonda thinks I may have an ulcer, but I'm not sure. I tend to think it's some food or spice that causes the problems and the reflux. Besides, they are so inconsistent and this is much different than normal. One of the guys at work has been having something similar, so I may have gotten his bug, too.

I should have gotten in here sooner, since I had the morning off, but I took a nap and slept right through my alarm, again. I tend to do that every now and then, when I get over tired and bordering on exhaustion. I'm sure that also has a lot to do with my feeling a bit sick, lots of stress and little sleep. And, it's not always my fault, I should add.

I have been doing better about getting to bed on time -- most of the time. But, with our messed up schedule, it's often late when we get home and even later when we eat. Getting up at three has me going to bed around seven or eight, and we don't usually get home until around six, eating around six-thirty or even seven. Going to bed with a full stomach makes for bad sleeping, and also adds to my problem. On top of that, being late, we tend to find something quick and easy, or to put it in layman's terms, junk food.

Anyway, I would love to stay here and write more, maybe even read a bit and review, but again, I just don't have the time. One day, and one day soon, that will become reality again, but for now, there's no rest for the wicked and there's little for me; time to get ready to drag my ill and aching self off to work.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851541-Saturday