*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851930-A-Slow-Season
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#851930 added June 18, 2015 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
A Slow Season
         Summer TV stinks doesn't it? You either watch reruns of shows you didn't see the first time around, opt for an old Jeanette McDonald movie, or turn it off and find something else to do. The problem is that most other things involve energy or thinking. The purpose of the boob tube is to vegetate in front of it.

         So I'm left with finishing a boring book, cleaning out the refrigerator, or sorting through more clothes to go to Good Will. My mind obviously isn't engaging. I lost a pair of earplugs today without even using them. I can't seem to compose the business letters that I really need to finish.

         That brings me to energy. My nose is runny and my eyes are dry. I'm sneezing more than usual, so I'm a little low on energy. I pulled a muscle in my leg while mowing grass two days ago, and I swear it's hurting more as the day wears on. My IBS is acting up for two days in a row. So, no, I don't want to do the closets or dresser drawers any more. I don't want (or can't) bend over to clean the bottom of the refrigerator. I know I need exercise and wanted to go to the park. But between the stomach thing and the leg making me hobble in public, I chose to stay close to home.

         Maybe it's just the heat wave here. I hope it's just a temporary thing I'm going through. I have no creativity in me. I'll muddle through. Maybe my mind will come back, even if the body doesn't.

© Copyright 2015 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851930-A-Slow-Season