*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852803
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2043612
The Light Of June Inspires Hope, Generosity and Love - Unions Are Formed - Life Abounds
#852803 added June 29, 2015 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
June Light Jacquie Inspired
 There is no one at a party more lovelier than my wife Jacquie. I have a bit of pride about that, but in reality the beauty is hers by way of her relationship with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Her beauty radiates from the Spirit that shines through her and lights up a room.
 
At a party last night a young friend of Jacquie's was admiring some recent restyling of my wife's hair. The darling person had some complimentary things to say that were flattering, but with a sincere tone that made the encounter all the more sweet and dear.
 
Jacquie's friend then turned to me and in an exclamation loud enough for the whole party to hear declared: "Your wife is really hot!" Now there is no doubt in the world this is a true statement and the elders and deacons and lovely wives who were attending the party probably would not have countered this proclamation, but the moment was priceless as youthful exuberance bowled over the stogy core of our social circle.
 
Jacquie and I relived the moment on the ride home and did some quick recreation of many of the reactions that appeared on the faces of our friends. As we did, we laughed and laughed until we hurt.
 
Yes, it is true that I was around when many of the mountains on the face of the earth were first formed and my Jacquie is seven years younger than I am, though she appears to be much, much younger-so of course my ego was boosted by this sweet and innocent moment. But as I take stock of that moment, what inspires me most is the price Jacquie is willing to pay to walk in her eternal beauty. She cares deeply for the sick, the poor, the elderly, and everyone in our family, especially the widows and infirmed. She prays faithfully for everyone, and when she is not sure she is effective enough in her prayers, she studies hard to obtain wisdom from those who have seen God move powerfully in their lives because of prayer.
 
Because I love my wife, I know that my admiration for her beauty is sometimes skewed. There is not a man alive though who would blame me for keeping my love goggles on. It is happening more and more now. I hear the admiration of those who are our much younger peers, how beautiful my wife is. After I beam with pride,contentment and deep satisfaction,(like I designed and built her in my garage), I do remember to thank God for blessing me with a virtuous wife whose beauty has not only sustained through 39 years of marriage, but has also flourished like a magnificent, well watered garden, filled with the precious fruits of peace, love and joy. (Proverbs 31:10-31)

A Special Gift for our Deck




 

© Copyright 2015 ♫~ Kenword~♫ (UN: kenword101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
♫~ Kenword~♫ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852803